KVD Elite Triple Grip Trebles

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

KVD Elite Triple Grip Trebles

Post by Bassmar » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:23 am

I see that BPS do not have them on their site for a while now and TW is out of stock of all sizes. Anyone know what has happenned. Are they still making these hooks? I have used them since they were first introduced and have had great success. Better than the standard triple grips as they are shorter and stronger. I'm glad I stocked up!

RIK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: KVD Elite Triple Grip Trebles

Post by RIK » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:28 am

Still making them (they're brand new this year), but demand has completely overwhelmed supply. Doesn't look like they expect to get caught up until early summer either. Wish I would have bought more than I did. :(

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:23 am

RIK wrote:Still making them (they're brand new this year), but demand has completely overwhelmed supply. Doesn't look like they expect to get caught up until early summer either. Wish I would have bought more than I did. :(
Rik

What do you mean by "brand new this year". Have they redesigned them or something?

BASSLAYER
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BASSLAYER » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:32 pm

great hooks have not lost a fish since upgrading my cranks. Try landbigfish.com free ship/ $50 purchase like TW.
Kenjutsu
(剣術)

Tweedleyd
Angler
Angler

Post by Tweedleyd » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:38 pm

I have been to Land Big Fish Tackle's actual store the last 2 weekend an i have to say the Best Tackle Store i have been to , dunno if they have them or not or have a actual warehouse but i did not see any there

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:40 am

LBF only have large sizes in stock. No common crankbait sizes ( 2,4 or 6). Cabelas only have #4 in stock. Strange that Mustad would run short of such a popular hook. Has KVD switched hook sponsors??

bassbandit
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassbandit » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:42 am

Bassmar wrote:LBF only have large sizes in stock. No common crankbait sizes ( 2,4 or 6). Cabelas only have #4 in stock. Strange that Mustad would run short of such a popular hook. Has KVD switched hook sponsors??
I'd guess that supply just can't cope with demand. As far as KVD,I doubt he changed hooks sponsors. He is one of the few guys who seems to stay with his sponsors instead of running to the highest bidder every couple of years. But who knows?

mobassman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mobassman » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:01 am

As you guys have said these hooks are scarce. But I was at my local walmart store here in Missouri and went to the fishing section to look to see what they had. To my delight they actually had the KVD Elite Triple Grip Treble hooks there and plenty of them in fact :big grin: :big grin: . I was pretty surprised that they had them at Walmart.
"Fishin ain't catchin"

Somerdink
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Somerdink » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:38 am

Never used them but have seen them anfd like them alot. My local store has only one size and I think it was size 6. But they could get another size really high demand for such a good hook.

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:32 pm

Believe me these hooks are great. I have been replacing my stock crankbait hooks with triple grips for years. They are fantastic hooks with tremendous holding power. That backward curve of the point really pins them to the extent that you often struggle to extract the hook. Don't fish these without a pair of longnose pliers handy. My only issue with the originals was their thin wire construction. I initially lost fish due to the hook straitening out. I learnt to set my drag looser and not to horse big fish. This worked fine in open water but posed a problem when fishing close to bushes, trees etc.
Now these new KVD trebles have solved this problem with their 2x construction. The best hooks available in my opinion (and KVD's) :)

bassbandit
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassbandit » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:51 am

Bassmar wrote:Believe me these hooks are great. I have been replacing my stock crankbait hooks with triple grips for years. They are fantastic hooks with tremendous holding power. That backward curve of the point really pins them to the extent that you often struggle to extract the hook. Don't fish these without a pair of longnose pliers handy. My only issue with the originals was their thin wire construction. I initially lost fish due to the hook straitening out. I learnt to set my drag looser and not to horse big fish. This worked fine in open water but posed a problem when fishing close to bushes, trees etc.
Now these new KVD trebles have solved this problem with their 2x construction. The best hooks available in my opinion (and KVD's) :)
I might have to try some of these hooks, but I have never really been a fan of Mustad hooks. They just don't penetrate the way Owner's do. If Mustad didn't find a way to make their hooks sharper, I'll have to pass.

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:57 pm

Bandit

Mustad have a standard range of hooks and a premium range called Ultra Points. The KVD triple grips are ultra points. These are as sharp as anything out there and from experience I know that they keep their points very well. But as with all fishing tackle, everyone has their favorites that they have confidence in.

vtbasser
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by vtbasser » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:12 am

They are really good hooks. I've landed fish on them that I'm sure would have come off on another hook. I wish they were just a smidge lighter wire tough. Sorta between the regular and heavy wires because they can be a pain on jerkbaits.
www.hokiebass.com
Abu Garcia, Berkley, Trilene

db220
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by db220 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:53 pm

I've used the KVD's as well as the regular Mustad triple grips. I've seen my hook up ratio go up. Those hooks are sharp!