Tru-Tungsten - Good Customer Service.

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
Feedingseagulls
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Tru-Tungsten - Good Customer Service.

Post by Feedingseagulls » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:19 am

Some time back I notied someone was selling off a batch of Spro frogs as they were converting to Mad Maxxs.

Ever curious about new lures, I ordered a few - one had a very blunt rounded point to one hook point. Since it was sealed in the box it wasn't really the seller's fault - and they were in the US and I in the UK. So I sent an email to the manufacturing company, saying I was surprised about the fault given that they make a sales-point of the excellent hooks they use, and confirming that the others were good.

They replied asking for my address and sent out a replacement really quickly. Now this might well be 'just what you'd expect' - but they deserve credit for backing up their product IMO.

5bites
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Tru-Tungsten - Good Customer Service.

Post by 5bites » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:18 am

I thought they were going out of business?

Feedingseagulls
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Feedingseagulls » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:20 am

5bites wrote:I thought they were going out of business?
Sad if true - though these events were last year...

Somerdink
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Somerdink » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:20 am

Sad but yes its true. Tru-Tungsten has been sold that I know if. What happen was that the market of tungsten weights .got flood with a premium product for a cheaper price by other companies. It's a sad deal though because I have got great customer service by them also. I was told that Strike King as bought the Tungsten side of it. Also Picasso and Mihatchii went along with them.

biggs
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by biggs » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:12 pm

I heard the same, I was told Picasso bought them.
I really like those Mad Maxx frogs, I didn't want to like it but the Big Sexy colour is awesome! They were on clearance at the tackle shop so I grabbed a few! Hopefully they are brought back.
Instagram @___bradb