Rayban?

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
Katron
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Rayban?

Post by Katron » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:48 am

Anybody use Raybans for fishing? How good is their polarization for fishing purposes?

Kaleb
Previously "theflyingplatypus".

Pmedicbm
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Rayban?

Post by Pmedicbm » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:01 am

My wife has a pair of polarized Ray Bans, and I've tried them out on the water a couple of times... They are ok, but not superior by any stretch of the imagination.. If you're looking to buy, go out and try a bunch of different Costa Del Mars on until you find a pair that fits your head and face correctly. Get the 580 glass if you can afford it.. I've tried just about every sunglass company out there because I have bright light induced migrianes that can be kicked off with one wrong flash of bright light from just about anything... Its a PITA from time to time, because after it happens I get really bad tunnel vision which will usually last for several hours then it usually progresses to a reallybad headache or it just drains me of all my energy for some reason.. I haven't tried the new Wileys yet, but have heard good things about them.. Once I found my Costa's I didn't see any reason to keep trying different brands just for the sake of doing it and spending money.. Costa is a great company too and stand behind their product with a lifetime warranty, which I also had to use once in about 15 years.... Good luck, B
Pmedicbm

ah_long
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Rayban?

Post by ah_long » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:54 pm

Rayban Polarized are okay... but not as good as a pair of Oakleys or Maui Jims..

If you want to go for comfort, Maui Jims are the way to go...