Circle Hook Survey

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
Jason Barnucz
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Circle Hook Survey

Post by Jason Barnucz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:56 am

I thought some may be interested in taking part in this survey.

Circle Hook Survey for Anglers

In an effort to better understand what the angling community thinks about circle hooks, you are invited to complete a short online survey where you will have the opportunity to provide input on this topic. The target community is anglers in North America that have used circle hooks at least once. The information you provide us is important! By completing the survey, you help ensure that the results are as complete and useful as possible. Your participation in this survey is voluntary and you may decide to stop at any time. You cannot be personally identified. For further information on survey data collection procedures and safeguards regarding confidentiality, contact Dr. Steven Cooke (Associate Professor, Carleton University, Ottawa) at steven_cooke@carleton.ca. Findings from the survey will be available at http://www.carleton.ca/fecpl by mid June. In addition, results from the survey will be incorporated into an overview presentation on biological and social aspects of circle hook use in recreational fisheries at the upcoming first world conference on circle hooks.

You can access the survey here: http://app.fluidsurveys.com/s/circlesurvey/

The survey portal will be open until April 10th 2011. Please share this posting with others that you know have experience with circle hooks.

Dr. Steven J. Cooke
Canada Research Chair in Fish Ecology and Conservation Physiology
Associate Professor of Environmental Science and Biology
Carleton University
1125 Colonel By Dr.
Ottawa, ON Canada K1S 5B6
Steven_Cooke@carleton.ca
http://www.carleton.ca/fecpl

NickN
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Circle Hook Survey

Post by NickN » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:08 am

Jason, I just finished the survey. I will try to remember to check the results in June as I am curious about the findings.

bladerunner
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Circle Hook Survey

Post by bladerunner » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:48 am

I would LOVE to. I use Mustad Demon Circles in size 3/0 for 75% of the bass I catch. I HATE gut hooking fish, which would happen sometimes when I texas-rigged my senkos - I switched to wacky-rigging with a circle hook and my hook-up percentage went through the roof AND every fish was hooked in the corner of their mouth. In the last coupe of years I've caught and released HUNDREDS of largemouth on a Mustad Demon Circle. I buy them in huge packs.

I think the last time I caught a fish and kept it was in the 1980's when I was a kid. I now release everything. Circle hooks are awesome. \:D/ =D>