Larry Dahlberg Clackin Crayfish

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
stumpy041486
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Larry Dahlberg Clackin Crayfish

Post by stumpy041486 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:11 pm

Has anyone tried this bait yet? Does it work as good as it looks? How long do the trailers typically last?

Scorpio
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Larry Dahlberg Clackin Crayfish

Post by Scorpio » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:52 am

I was wondering the same thing. They seem kind of large.

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by africanbass » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:32 pm

There were a few posts before the crash.These were the main problems,
-lure would sometimes sink and land upside down
-users battled to get the crayfish to swim in the way shown on the video clip.
I don't know if these issues were resolved :-k
A smaller version of the Dahlberg crayfish/frog is also on the way shortly.
Happiness is a sore thumb

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:29 am

the crayfish sucks, it doesnt swim right at all, and it gets hung up extremely easily because the thing flips upside down on almost every cast....

the frog on the other hand is one of the best frogs I have ever used. you can pop it, swim it, make it dive, Its very versatile and worth the money...

save yourself 12 bucks and buy some crayfish plastics
stress-what happens between fishing trips

davew44
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by davew44 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:47 am

I purchased one last week from Cabelas I agree 85% of the time it swims upside down
the head also only lasts a few fish at max the keeper for the head has 4 "barbs" the head is set on these "barbs" when the fish clamps down on this bait it is like taking a 1/2 of an orange and putting it on the old style juicer..
it gets destroyed internally.. I emailed river2sea about this and then a person named Angelo called me and we had a discussion for almost 1/2 hour.. the first 5 minutes he was trying to see how my angling skills we to makeme the blame for the products downfalls.. He also stated i was the first to make these statements and they were unaware of any issues he also stated he was a pro staff member and fished the first generation Clackin Crayfish without issues (the first generationClackin Crayfish had no weedguard)
you can see my video here http://youtu.be/BAlSFeEy1pU look at about 46 seconds in and you will see it swimming upside down on the retrieve..

MondayMonkey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MondayMonkey » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:19 am

I much prefer River2Sea's Standin and Super Yabbies to the Clackin Cray. I've caught everything on those yabbies from SMB, LMB, Trout, to even Steelhead. I might try the new smaller Clackin Cray when they come in stock but the big guy just isn't worth it.
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na Fishing!
Fishing... Fishing!