Tackle Warehouse, no special orders

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
Bob Ellis
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Tackle Warehouse, no special orders

Post by Bob Ellis » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:53 pm

I inquired about a St. Croix rod they do not carry, was told no special orders. I was surprised considering the praise I've heard for their customer service.

Thought the board would like to know.

Wishing2BFishing
Angler
Angler

Re: Tackle Warehouse, no special orders

Post by Wishing2BFishing » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:23 pm

I have nothing but praise for Tackle Warehouse. They have an extensive inventory and carry much more than BPS or Cabelas. In my experience, their customer service has been excellent.

North Branch
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by North Branch » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:48 pm

Obviously, TW can't offer everything that BPS, Cabela's or other big chains can offer. However, they do have a pretty good selection, and with free shipping over $50, no sales tax (at least for me), and excellent customer support, they get much of my business.

vArm
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by vArm » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:32 am

TW's costumer service is the best I've ever had to deal with.
I still would never expect them cater to my every whim.
They have a Great selection of everything, if they don't have what you want find it somewhere else......

tracker01
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tracker01 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:25 am

I checked on a rod at Cabelas and the dude looked it up and said they do not carry that specific model number, and it was a GLoomis spinning rod.

ogrich31
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ogrich31 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:39 am

I'll also have to say that TW's customer service is the best I've seen out of online retailers. They will always ship my package on the same day as long as I order it before 2:30 PST. I also love GSO shipping for us CA guys. I'll get the package the next day, even on a Saturday. I don't mind our overly priced tax either if I'm getting overnight shipping. :D

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:29 am

Umm I think you have this all mixed up. I've gotten nothing and I mean nothing but great service from them. Nobody or no shop is going to do a special order for you. You can go to any Gander/Cabela's or BPS and I highly doubt they will do a special order for you.

Not to mention, I bought a few MB bumpee hogs from them and when I got my 4 packs I sent them an email just telling them that they have the wrong count on their site...Didn't need anything and they sent me a free pack free of charge and color of my choice.... Didn't even pay shipping.

Customer service these days have gone down hill and TW has stayed up there by far. I've stopped shopping at Cabela's due to poor customer service. Sent them an email and never got a response, it's been 2 weeks going onto three. :roll:
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!

artiea
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by artiea » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:10 am

I have had several incidents with orders from TW (usually my fault) and every one of them has been "fixed" by TW and they have gone way out of their way to do so- I just wish they carried everything I ever need and I would never deal with any other store

lpquick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by lpquick » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:28 am

No question TW has my business when they carry what I need. Their prices are excellent and they always do what they promise, best customer service I've encountered in years. I hope they don't change a thing except get bigger and carry more. I also inquired about a St Croix Legend Xtreme spinning rod and was told they don't do special orders. They could teach Bass Pro shops a thing or two about customer service.
Rods & Reels Excite me!

Toadslayer72
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Toadslayer72 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:39 am

vArm wrote:TW's costumer service is the best I've ever had to deal with.
I still would never expect them cater to my every whim.
They have a Great selection of everything, if they don't have what you want find it somewhere else......
Pretty much this, minus the typo :lol:

olamagic
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by olamagic » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:49 am

I hope you are not so turned off by them that you refuse to order from them , that would be silly on your part.

eetz
Angler
Angler

Post by eetz » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:34 am

I was having problems finding a rod sleeve that would fit my Cumara spinning rod, the guide closest to the reel seat is too large for most rod sleeves.

The guys at TackleWarehouse tried out rod sleeves on the exact rod and sent me an email with their findings, something i wasn't able to do with my local BPS, Gander Mountain, or Cabelas. They are so helpful over email and they have no idea if you willl even purchase from them or go purchase the same thing somewhere else.

I will proudly wear the TW tshirts that they send me with each of my new rods and reels! I don't know exactly how many orders, but at least 20 and all positive.

Mr SwimJig
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Mr SwimJig » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:41 am

Yep, great customer service and support. I also have a very nice collection of TW tee shirts and sweat shirts.

SJ

Bob Ellis
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Bob Ellis » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:03 pm

For the record I have special ordered through Cabela's in the past, A G. Loomis rod, so you can't say nobody will, especially the big guys.

I run a specialty retail store with a web site and we also pride ourselves on customer service. We consider trying to fulfill special orders a pillar of that customer service. I understand the distributor and vendor relationships may be different but I was not requesting a product from a brand they do not carry, nor was I asking them to get me one jig in another color, or something absurd like that. I thought it would have been a reasonable request to and I would have been willing to wait for their next restock from St Croix. I wanted to place an order for two or more St. Croixs including one they don't stock.

What caught me off guard was the blunt response, "no we don't do that." At the very least from my store you'd get a "we'll see what we can do" or a "no, but here is why." A followup e-mail gave me the why but the initial response was without explanation. The second e-mail helped smooth what was left rough in the first, so do not think I now hate the company.

I will still probably give them some business, I am sure they are good people and they do carry a unique selection.

breezy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by breezy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:38 pm

I don't think you can necessarily judge a company's customer service from one conversation. Maybe it was a new employee, they had lots of other things going on, they were having a bad day etc. It's not an excuse by any means but I wouldn't let one individual's response reflect on an entire company's CS. JMO.

As for TW I've had great experiences with them. If at all possible I prefer to order from TW because of their price, selection, service and free shipping over $50. Free shipping can be a big deal depending on the item. For the same reason I avoid shopping at BPS online unless absolutely necessary--the shipping charges can be ridiculous, especially on rods.