Costa Del Mar Wave 580s

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
Micropterus salmoides
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Costa Del Mar Wave 580s

Post by Micropterus salmoides » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:56 pm

Reading the sunglasses thread resparked my interest in the Wave 580s. I've been eying ( ba dum chhh :mrgreen: ) them for years, but have yet to pull the trigger. Part of the reason was that I already have a pair of Ocean Waves, so whenever I had the money I would opt to use it for purchase of another rod or reel. Though the Ocean Waves lenses are nice, I don't think they are in the Wave 580 class, plus they are a bit snug and press into my temples a bit. The other reasons are, that with so many frames available, I couldn't decide on one and I was unsure about which lens to get.

Before the Silver Mirror lens came out I was set on the Green Mirror lens. Which do you think is the better all-around lens?

phatbass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Costa Del Mar Wave 580s

Post by phatbass » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:25 pm

first off you have to find the right fit frame and style,in the wave 580s the green mirror and the silver both use the copper lens ,which is good for driving,sight fishing general all purpose . I use the blue mirror grey lens for bright sun and everything else,I thought about getting the green mirror ,but it would be hard to justifi 2 pairs for me. I had the sliver mirror which was excellent for low light ,but I did'nt like the fact that it was not a true mirror compared to the blue and the green lens if that makes any sense.