sunglasses

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
Pmedicbm
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: sunglasses

Post by Pmedicbm » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:21 am

Another vote for the Costa's. Find a pair that fits your head and face and you'll be set. Ive owned all the glasses listed except the Smiths and Wiley-X's and they are the clearest most comfortable pair of sunglasses I've ever owned. Plus they have a lifetime warranty that can't be beat.. The Smiths and Wileys may be comparable but I have such a weird shaped face and head that i have to be able to try them on first. Most of the larger sporting goods retailers carry them so you should be able to sample them for style/sizing etc then shop online and find your choice for a reasonable price. Good luck..
Pmedicbm

JoseC
Angler
Angler

Post by JoseC » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:23 am

just save up and get a pair of 580's
Prostaff: Hobie-Aquabound-YakAttack-KBF

brokeneye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by brokeneye » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:56 am

as much as i hate bandwagons, i'm getting on the one that says costa 580.

got mine on me-bay for right at $140.
don't cry because it's over...smile because it happened.

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by jpd0144 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:09 pm

Costa 580's in glass ! The edge to edge clarity did it for me. Ready to buy another pair for everyday use.

RGMatt
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RGMatt » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:24 pm

Mattman wrote:Not even sure of the price any more but...

I have Oakley Half Jackets. Came with a case and 3 sets of polarized lenses. I really like the ability to change lenses based on water/sky conditions.

I liked them so much I wound up building another set for every day use. I've got two sets of tinted lenses, a set of yellow lenses, and a set of clear lenses. Every day sunglasses, shooting glasses, safety glasses.
x's 2

But I have the XLJ style lenses in mine . Love being able to change lenses out for different conditions.

Derek777
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Derek777 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:04 pm

RGMatt wrote:
Mattman wrote:Not even sure of the price any more but...

I have Oakley Half Jackets. Came with a case and 3 sets of polarized lenses. I really like the ability to change lenses based on water/sky conditions.

I liked them so much I wound up building another set for every day use. I've got two sets of tinted lenses, a set of yellow lenses, and a set of clear lenses. Every day sunglasses, shooting glasses, safety glasses.
x's 2

But I have the XLJ style lenses in mine . Love being able to change lenses out for different conditions.
x3. i have the shallow blue lenses in the xlj and they are excellent. they outperform my old natives 10-1. im still looking to get extra lenses but the yellows or persimmons would be perfect for sporting clays.

lpquick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by lpquick » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:51 pm

If your spending $200 I would want the very best and in my book that is Maui Jim. I just bought a pair of Kaimana for $219 and couldn't be happier. Real glass lenses super lightweight, durable, saltwater safe with a 30 day money back guarantee and a two year warranty. I am still wearing a pr of Maui Jim's I bought over three years ago. \:D/
Rods & Reels Excite me!

NJ Jigman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NJ Jigman » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:51 pm

i have a pr of wileys with a dark grey lens, there good when its sunny and fishing big lakes in cold weather, due to the weather stripping. I also have a pr of smith optics that i wear 80% of the year. they have 3 prs of removable lenses so there good for all weather situations, and better for sight fishing

afterbass
Angler
Angler

Post by afterbass » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:20 am

My nephew gave me a gift certificate for a local fly shop Christmas before last. Went to see what I could spend it on and found a pair of Smith's for about 150. Still wearing them. I had Wiley x's before that but I fell out of my boat and they went to the bottom. Glad nobody saw me. The Wiley's worked well. too.

Tweedleyd
Angler
Angler

Post by Tweedleyd » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:55 pm

I use Habervision glasses i have the Amalfi ( which they don't make no more ) in Grey with Blue Flash an the Belaggio in Copper Rose an really like then both an for the Money was really hard to beat =D>

shallow thinker
Angler
Angler

Post by shallow thinker » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:11 am

I have a pair of Costa Frigate (plastic lens copper color) that fit my face very well. Costa has replaced those frames 2x in five years. You can't beat their customer service. I'd like to try out some 580 glass but would be concerned about the extra weight.

Another good choice are Kaenon Kore or Hard Kore. Again, these fit my face and in the Copper 12 lens have very good optical quality. The only thing I don't like with these is C12 blocks 88% of incoming light making sight fishing hard in low light conditions. My solution is to wear these 10am-4pm and pick up the Costas or something with lighter tinting for morning and evening use.

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:14 am

Monster Dogs in VR28 is what I wear on the water..I have green 580 Hammerheads that I use when I'm not fishing, cutting grass , driving, etc.

lpquick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by lpquick » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:55 am

afterbass wrote:My nephew gave me a gift certificate for a local fly shop Christmas before last. Went to see what I could spend it on and found a pair of Smith's for about 150. Still wearing them. I had Wiley x's before that but I fell out of my boat and they went to the bottom. Glad nobody saw me. The Wiley's worked well. too.
Wait a minute "fell out of my boat" there has to be an interesting story behind this. Afterbass please do tell. :doh:
Rods & Reels Excite me!

sacrtrain
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Looking for new sunglasses

Post by sacrtrain » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:16 am

Oakley HD polarized optics are worth the money

NickN
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by NickN » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:11 am