sunglasses

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
loochie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Looking for new sunglasses

Post by loochie » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:12 am

I'm trying to pick out a new pair of sunglasses and would like some input. I have currently maui jims, Oakley flack jackets. Looking to get a new pair either another pair of oakleys or costa del mar. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

gofish
Angler
Angler

Re: sunglasses

Post by gofish » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:04 pm

Give Eyesurrender Eyewear a look. Great sunglasses at a fantastic price. Check out their website if you're interested. https://www.eyesurrendernow.com/home.php

JDLaman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by JDLaman » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:23 pm

Costas

Dug
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Dug » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:30 pm

I promised myself to find the best fishing sunglasses I could find when I got my annual bonus this year. So I went on a big search, went to a few Bass Pro Shops, looked around online, visited sports authorities, dicks sporting goods, you name it, anywhere I could look between here and Tampa Florida as I drove down there for a few days. I now must have about 7 pretty nice pairs of sunglasses, the most expensive around 200 bucks, and at the end of the day the pair I prefer over any of them is the Wiley X Jake fishing sunglasses Polarized Emerald Mirror-Amber Tint Lens. They have a removable facial cavity seal when you want to keep the air out, are extremely comfortable, appear to be pretty durable and exceed ansi Z87.1-2003 high velocity impact safety and optical standards on both the lenses and the frame.

You can buy them for under 100.00 if you look at the right sites online.

That is my recommendation.

Dug

Dug
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Looking for new sunglasses

Post by Dug » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:41 pm

I just posted this on another posting about looking for sunglasses. I hope you don't mind the repeat.

I promised myself to find the best fishing sunglasses I could find when I got my annual bonus this year. So I went on a big search, went to a few Bass Pro Shops, looked around online, visited sports authorities, dicks sporting goods, you name it, anywhere I could look between here and Tampa Florida as I drove down there for a few days. I now must have about 7 pretty nice pairs of sunglasses, the most expensive around 200 bucks, and at the end of the day the pair I prefer over any of them is the Wiley X Jake fishing sunglasses Polarized Emerald Mirror-Amber Tint Lens. They have a removable facial cavity seal when you want to keep the air out, are extremely comfortable, appear to be pretty durable and exceed ansi Z87.1-2003 high velocity impact safety and optical standards on both the lenses and the frame.

You can buy them for under 100.00 if you look at the right sites online.

That is my recommendation.

Dug

Mattman
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew
Location: Fergus Falls, MN - Otterods - Hand Crafted High Performance Fishing Rods

Post by Mattman » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:29 am

Not even sure of the price any more but...

I have Oakley Half Jackets. Came with a case and 3 sets of polarized lenses. I really like the ability to change lenses based on water/sky conditions.

I liked them so much I wound up building another set for every day use. I've got two sets of tinted lenses, a set of yellow lenses, and a set of clear lenses. Every day sunglasses, shooting glasses, safety glasses.
Matt Davis
Otterods-High performance fishing rods

TeamDaiwaRick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by TeamDaiwaRick » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:27 am

take a look at the Smith Polarized Fishing glasses. I have a pair and I like it better than my Costa.

http://www.smithoptics.com/products/#/S ... d+Fishing/

vArm
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by vArm » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:38 am

Check out Zanders review of the Smith V Ti
I bought them based on his review of them and love them. They come with 3 very easy to replace lenses and you can buy more if you want.
Super comfortable, even for guys with Roman noses like myself.

phatbass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by phatbass » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:58 am

costa wave 580

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:51 am

After years of searching I have found 2 brands that I like. The first would be Costa Del Mar with the glass 580 lens. These clarity of these lenses is a 10 out of 10. They copper lens enhances color and relaxes my eyes. I use these every day for driving, working outside, and fishing. Costa also has excellent customer service. A close second are Keanon Core sunglasses. These lenses are polycarbonate but as clear as glass lenses. I have 2 sets of these. These are lighter than my Costas and more comfortable. The clarity of these lenses are a 9 out of 10. The lenses are also shatter proof. The build quality is not as good as Costa Del Mar and the warranty is for 1 year vs Costas lifetime warranty. If I had to choose between the two I would choose Costa Del Mar in the 580 glass copper lens.

jpav121
Angler
Angler

Post by jpav121 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:05 pm

Another vote for Costa 580 glass. A little pricey, but worth every penny.
Trick 'em & stick 'em

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:05 am

Cheap Berkley walmart glasses for me. $10 :lol: :lol:
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!

tracker01
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tracker01 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:17 am

Costa 580 for me.

brokeneye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Looking for new sunglasses

Post by brokeneye » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:47 pm

the costa del mars in green mirror are a good all-around set...personally, like the fathoms, but would suggest trying on the different models before buying.

got mine on me-bay for right at $140.
don't cry because it's over...smile because it happened.

ogrich31
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ogrich31 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:52 pm

Another vote for costa 580's. I wear the green mirror lens.