Kevin VanDam Line and Lure Conditioner

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
robfisher
Angler
Angler

Re: Kevin VanDam Line and Lure Conditioner

Post by robfisher » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:25 am

Nice post pchung3009... may I copy and paste this onto our local bass forums in South Africa?
Regards Rob
Team Dinger, Durban, South Africa

pchung3009
Angler
Angler

Post by pchung3009 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:48 am

robfisher wrote:Nice post pchung3009... may I copy and paste this onto our local bass forums in South Africa?

Again, not my words. Something I saved because I found the information very insightful. I honestly can't remember where I copied it from, but it may have been from TT before the crash or maybe from a Google search I did when I was comparing the two.

Feel free to use it just source it as unknown.......

robfisher
Angler
Angler

Post by robfisher » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:04 am

Thanks! Some interesting videos on the web site too! Enjoyed the flammable one! :)
Regards Rob
Team Dinger, Durban, South Africa

stratos20
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by stratos20 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:13 am

KVD works great on flouro for me!
Fish on!

bassninja
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassninja » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:43 am

At the beginning of last year I spooled some 10 pound Yo Zuri Hybrid on to one of my baitcasters and the line would just unravel off my spool almost every time I made a cast. After a couple of outings, I got tired of fixing that line so I just took it off and spooled on some no-nonsense Sufix braid. Late last year, I picked up some KVD L&L conditioner and decided to give the Yo Zuri Hybrid another try, only this time with the addition of the KVD conditioner. After doing so, the line became a lot more managable for me and I stuck with it for the rest of the year. I even caught my biggest bass last year on that set up. Needless to say, I don't spool on any mono, co-polymer or fluoro without using KVD L&L conditioner now. It has worked for me and has made my line behave a lot better on the spool. And yes, I do thumb the spool when I cast.