Pro4X ShortStix - Did you try them Wolbugger?

Tips on tippets and more. Come share your secrets about the art of fly fishing or help fellow anglers immerse themselves in this escapist's technique.
civicrr
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Pro4X ShortStix - Did you try them Wolbugger?

Post by civicrr » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:32 am

Wolbugger (or anybody else :D ) wondering if you've been able to cast and/or fish the new Pro4X ShortStix rods yet.

I've been waiting, not very patiently, for a review.......

Screw it. :evil: Done waiting. :lol: :lol:

I called up The Hook Up Tackle to see if they would be stocking them. No....but they can order them.

Make that they ordered them for me! Not only did I break my own rule about not buying a flyrod without casting it......I ended up buying two! I've got the both the 8/9 & the 9/10 heading my way.

These rods are designed to work with short head lines (e.g. Rio Outbound Short, Airflo Sniper, etc). Since I'm already using the OBS lines, it will be easy to just move the reels over. It will be very interesting how they feel/cast next to my current 8wts (NRX, Method) & 9wts (NRX, Salt).

See, this is what happens when you get sick, don't get out to fish & spend too much time on the 'puter.

Wolbugger
Angler
Angler

Re: Pro4X ShortStix - Did you try them Wolbugger?

Post by Wolbugger » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:07 am

Haha! I actually have had the 11/12 model for about a month or so. I have taken it offshore twice, and it has yet to leave the rod holder as we didn't have any luck locating our target species (cobia, tuna, dolphin). I have casted it a bit and will reserve most of my comments for the future article, but I will say the rod is both very light in hand yet very stiff. It loves a beefy line (as indicated by the grain ratings on the blank).

-Wol