Low Water, Found Car

Tips on tippets and more. Come share your secrets about the art of fly fishing or help fellow anglers immerse themselves in this escapist's technique.
Stan Wright
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Low Water, Found Car

Post by Stan Wright » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:40 pm

The water in Lake Wilson is lower than I've seen it since the sugar plantation closed. Down to the 16 foot level on the South Fork Bridge. Normally it's about 28 to 30 feet there. Found some submerged islands that we've never seen before. Well, the motor found them. Nothing damaged.

Right by the boat ramp you can see the top of a car. Looks pretty new. If anyone had a yellow car stolen....... we found it. I wonder if there is a body inside? Called the police, but went fishing after no one showed up in 30 minutes.

Speaking of fishing. The nice 3 pound peacock bass are schooling and chasing shad around Boy Scout Island. Caught on lures and flys. They seemed to like the smaller silver or white flys.

Along the shore line I found some scattered peacock bass. Very aggressive toward my flys. Some nice red devils too. LOL

Aloha,
Stan

SenkoSnack808
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Low Water, Found Car

Post by SenkoSnack808 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:42 pm

Thats goofy that the cops never came. :roll:

Oh well you still caught fish, Corey

KYAngler
Angler
Angler

Post by KYAngler » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:33 am

Stan Wright wrote:Right by the boat ramp you can see the top of a car. Looks pretty new. If anyone had a yellow car stolen....... we found it. I wonder if there is a body inside? Called the police, but went fishing after no one showed up in 30 minutes.
You might have seen the underbelly of the kind of catfish indigenous to Texas... :shock:

Mike-

Reel Old Geezer
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew

Post by Reel Old Geezer » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:23 am

You might have seen the underbelly of the kind of catfish indigenous to Texas...
In that case there probably is a body inside. :lol:

Questor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Questor » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:32 pm

Yet another sad case of how crime cuts into peoples' fishing time. Accursed crooks!