Gan Craft Jointed Claw - is it worth it / colors

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Gan Craft Jointed Claw - is it worth it / colors

Post by goldrod » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:04 pm

jvelth74 wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:12 am
Ordered. That one colour '15' has long trip from Singapore to Finland, estimate is March 10. Maybe next week... Also ordered 3 more from Spain / Elpezrosa. Hoping also those shall also arrive on next week.
Let me know how you do cause I’m trying to catch something on mine
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Gan Craft Jointed Claw - is it worth it / colors

Post by jvelth74 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:14 am

Received one on Friday. Tried on on weekend. It's super realistic imitation. In my opinion it's really hard to tie streamer fly and to make it to swim more realistic than this small glidebait does. It's nice lure to fish.

But Gan Craft 70's are a little hard to cast in comparison to small minnows. I think this is because of swimming plate of minnows aerodynamically balances those, and tail fin of glide bait doesn't help. So, glide bait is a little hard to make fly straight...

There is a place for Gan Craft, and in my opinion it's when super realistic bait is needed. But it doesnt shine in price / worth comparison for example more than twice cheaper minnows. I have ordered total 4 of Gan Crafts, and I'm happy that I have ordered those, but I'm not ordering a lot of more...Maybe some of bigger ones for pike.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rest of arrived from those of I ordered. Colours of Gan Crafts are special nice. Those looks very different different light.
El Pez Rosa has their studio lights and I have my cheap Aliexpress ring light and natural light is a natural light:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a superfine lure and fun to use, but not fun to cast, because it's not easy to cast just correctly (directly tail forward). And it's still not long casting despite of perfect cast. But to swim it, it's a joy. This is really versatile, it swims really nice in almost any speed. It can be reeled slow or fast or jerking. But in the beginning of rapids, just above rapid in a touch(?) of rapid, it is just super fine to use. It doesn't sink too fast and it swims almost in any speed, so touch of rapid can be easily to be fished precisely with this lure. Hard to believe that trout won't hit it when this lures swims seconds after seconds in a trout's sight.

Those hooks were too big. I changed those to Cultiva SBL-55M #10's and changed also direction of those to face forward. Those are thinner diameter and I should not have issue to straighten those by pulling with PE#1 line:
Gan Craft.jpg
Gan Craft.jpg (47.43 KiB) Viewed 1127 times