Gancraft Jointed Claw vs Megabass I slide

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Gancraft Jointed Claw vs Megabass I slide

Post by kakaryan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:59 am

As title, Gancraft Jointed Claw vs Megabass I slide which one do you prefer and why?

I have a 135B but havent had the I-slide 185 or Jointed Claw 178. They share similar profile and design. From youtube it seems that I-slide has more action? :-k

And for casting those 2oz baits how heavy braid would you use? I have some YGK #2 (30lb) which I like but if it is too thin I still have some #3 (40lb).

IAY
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Gancraft Jointed Claw vs Megabass I slide

Post by IAY » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:46 pm

I don't have experience on the two because of the hard water around my area ](*,) ](*,) , but I would get go with the #3 a stiff leader especially on the I-slide. I feel like the braid will tangle with the lure, especially when you are doing the 360 movement.

kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Gancraft Jointed Claw vs Megabass I slide

Post by kakaryan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:34 am

IAY wrote:I don't have experience on the two because of the hard water around my area ](*,) ](*,) , but I would get go with the #3 a stiff leader especially on the I-slide. I feel like the braid will tangle with the lure, especially when you are doing the 360 movement.
I almost only use slow sinking swimbait as I could target different depth, but this video got me thinking.

Attaching a little split shot (or eging sinker as shown in the video) could make the 178F an interesting bottom twitching swimbait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJl0RxXpw7g