Jackall Kawashi Mikey and Deps Lo-Fi?

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
SouthArkFishin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Jackall Kawashi Mikey and Deps Lo-Fi?

Post by SouthArkFishin » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:14 am

Posted this in hard baits and got a lot of looks, but no responses so I thought I'd try it here. Anybody got any experience with either one of these? I'd been wanting a Mikey and I was buying something on eBay from a Japanese store and it seemed a shame to waste the shipping on one pack of soft plastics. Looked around and found a Kawashi Mikey in a color I liked so I snagged it. Also saw a jointed bait by Deps called a Lo-Fi. Only thing I could find on the Lo-Fi said they went for the perfect action and kept the looks plain. Thinking about trying one, but haven't decided yet. I know some might not consider these swimbaits, but some do so I figured I'd give it a shot. If anybody has any experience with either one of em or just some thoughts I'd love to hear it.
[img]
image.jpg
image.jpg (26.35 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
[/img]
[img]
image.jpg
image.jpg (37.28 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
[/img]

IAY
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Jackall Kawashi Mikey and Deps Lo-Fi?

Post by IAY » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:52 am

I had plenty of success last year with the Kawashi Mikey in the ghost gill color. Really nice swimbait to throw in the back of some underwater cover, and work it out.

SouthArkFishin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Jackall Kawashi Mikey and Deps Lo-Fi?

Post by SouthArkFishin » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:01 pm

IAY wrote:I had plenty of success last year with the Kawashi Mikey in the ghost gill color. Really nice swimbait to throw in the back of some underwater cover, and work it out.
That's good to know. Our main fishin' hole has tons of standing timber and lay downs. I'm always looking for something sporting trebel hooks that's not afraid of the forest. Other than a soft body 7" swimbait this will be the biggest thing I've ever thrown and also the first to approach the size/action of a true hard body swimbait. I liked the look of it enough to pay the man for it. Now I'm just hoping the fish like it too.