What material to use to patch up Deps SS 175 skin

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
IAY
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

What material to use to patch up Deps SS 175 skin

Post by IAY » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:53 am

Hello fellow forum members,

I recently noticed that there is a small puncture hole in the tail of my slide swimmer, causing it to fill with water whenever I am using it. I am pretty sure that this isn't suppose to happen, and would like to know what kind of materials would be best to patch it up.

Thanks,

SwimbaitsatLMV
Angler
Angler

Re: What material to use to patch up Deps SS 175 skin

Post by SwimbaitsatLMV » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:14 am

The hole at the bottom of the tail that fills the bait with water so it sits and swims correctly? Yeah, that's supposed to be there.

IAY
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by IAY » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:35 am

SwimbaitsatLMV wrote:The hole at the bottom of the tail that fills the bait with water so it sits and swims correctly? Yeah, that's supposed to be there.
Hmm, that's interesting since I thought it swam better when I empty the water. I don't have to worry about it then. Thanks!

SwimbaitsatLMV
Angler
Angler

Post by SwimbaitsatLMV » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:45 am

It could be that the weighting in your bait is off by just a miniscule amount. Every bait is different like that. I have some that swim better with water in the tail and some that swim better empty. It just depends on the bait.

IAY
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by IAY » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:14 am

Ever thought about plugging in the holes of the ones that swims better with air in the tail? I notice that the bait glides a lot more when its filled with air for mine, and still kind of tempted to block it.