Roboworm EZ Shad or Huddleston Weedless Shad

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
Backlash Picker
Angler
Angler

Roboworm EZ Shad or Huddleston Weedless Shad

Post by Backlash Picker » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:54 am

I am looking for a small swimbait for bass fishing on a clear water, grassy lake. I am trying to decide between buying the Roboworm EZ Shad, rigged with an Owner Beast weighted hook or the Huddleston Weedless Shad.

Both baits have good reviews. Both look like they would be able to slide through the grass pretty well and both look like I could fish them either fast or slow retrieves. The Huddleston is a bit more money per bait than the EZ Shad/Beast combo, but catching fish is the main priority (yet I can't buy both).

I would appreciate your advice on this.

Thanks,

Backlash

SwimbaitsatLMV
Angler
Angler

Re: Roboworm EZ Shad or Huddleston Weedless Shad

Post by SwimbaitsatLMV » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:34 am

Really different baits. The roboworm is no different than any other hollow belly, whereas the Huddleston shad is a self contained, weedless swimbait that is highly detailed. To be honest, both baits will not necessarily get you bigger fish than any other technique, which in my opinion is the point of fishing a swimbait.

Gblaze
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Gblaze » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:22 am

Clear lake- go huddleston- but make sure it matches the forage

FWIW- I agree with last post- its not really a swimbait that will attract lunkers

Backlash Picker
Angler
Angler

Post by Backlash Picker » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:40 am

Thanks for your replies.

Just to clarify a bit: the lake that I primarily fish is not a "lunker" lake. A good bass is 3 pounds, an exceptional bass for this lake is 4 pounds. So I don't intend to chase lunkers. A 5 inch bait seems the right size.

I'm not experienced with swimbaits. I never fished anything like a Huddleston - closest thing I have fished is Big Hammer swim tails on a jig head.

So I am curious: if you say the Roboworm EZ Shad, rigged with an Owner Beast weighted hook is a really different bait than the Huddleston Weedless Shad, when would you choose one over the other? How do their actions differ? Can one bait be retrieved slower or faster than the other? Is one or the other for the 8 to 12 foot depth that I would be targeting?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Backlash

SwimbaitsatLMV
Angler
Angler

Post by SwimbaitsatLMV » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:51 am

Have you watched southern trout eaters? I don't know for sure, but matt peters may have a video on YouTube about the tail differences. Matt Allen does for sure (tacticalbassin).