How are you working hudds ROF 0

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
tH3_Guy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

How are you working hudds ROF 0

Post by tH3_Guy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:53 am

I thought ROF 0 would slowly sink but it appears its more of floater which lives up to the ROF of zero :)

Anyway just curious if you are riggin the hook any different from other ROF such as 5 or 12.

What has been your experience and how you work thta lure with ROF 0?

Native
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: How are you working hudds ROF 0

Post by Native » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:05 am

tH3_Guy wrote:I thought ROF 0 would slowly sink but it appears its more of floater which lives up to the ROF of zero :)

Anyway just curious if you are riggin the hook any different from other ROF such as 5 or 12.

What has been your experience and how you work thta lure with ROF 0?
Sinking models I always use the "Butch Brown method" of attaching a treble on the head hook eyelet, removing the Jig hook, and rig a stinger off of it back behind the dorsal fin.

On the ROF 0 I add a treble to the bottom hook hanger and rig a stinger off that hook between the two anal fins. The ROF 0 fishes great like jerk bait. It also fishes great when you have followers, fishing it like an escaping Trout on the surface retrieved fast (carefully or it lays down on its side) where it almost literally leaves the surface of the water, then stopping, pausing on a taut line and giving it repeated twitches.

It also excels as a deadstick bait when fishing breaklines using only patterns of twitches and pauses; one of my favorite flat water methods. Works particularly well with the Carp color Hudd.

Hope this helps.
Tim

tH3_Guy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tH3_Guy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:33 am

Thanks Tim, for helping out this Rookie with hudds :D

Native
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Native » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:06 am

Glad I could help! Been fishing swimbaits for several years now and really enjoy it. You ever need help, let me know. If I can't, I'll find someone who can who's more knowledgable. Have fun!

Tight lines and screamin' reels! :big grin:

Tim