Mattlures tournament series

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
NorthernStrain
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Mattlures tournament series

Post by NorthernStrain » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:31 am

I was curious what people's experiences have been like with baits. Also, I'm curious about the rof of the slow sink vs the fast sink. I've seen matt say the fast is about an rof 10, but I haven't turned up anything on the slow sink. A bonus would be any stories about the catfish versions. I think those are pretty unique. I've used his other baits, but not these yet and I'm just looking for a little more information before I order some.

cst
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Mattlures tournament series

Post by cst » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:09 am

Taken from TackleTour's review of the baits:
Rate of Fall: Unlike some of the competition, Mattlures offers their soft baits with pretty much one rate of fall – fast sink. You can count on a foot to foot and a half per second on these baits as they waist little time getting down. However, you can cast out, count down, and begin your retrieve at any point and the bait will stay at that depth at a medium retrieve.

holden234
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by holden234 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:24 am

This is my first year to fish with Matt Lure swimbaits. I use the tournament series and the baby and hardgill series. I fish some tournaments with a friend that are 5 fish with LMB 14" and SMB 20" are the minimum lengths. After we catch a limit if we do we then go to swimbaits to try to catch what we call the kicker fish.

This year one kicker was caught on a tournament series and the other one was on a Hard Gill. I think his swimbaits catch fish and I can tell you for sure these 2 do.

deep
Angler
Angler

Post by deep » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:55 pm

cst wrote:Taken from TackleTour's review of the baits:
Rate of Fall: Unlike some of the competition, Mattlures offers their soft baits with pretty much one rate of fall – fast sink. You can count on a foot to foot and a half per second on these baits as they waist little time getting down. However, you can cast out, count down, and begin your retrieve at any point and the bait will stay at that depth at a medium retrieve.

Matt has two sink rates in the T-series for a while. Available on Tackle warehouse, as well as on his site.