evergreen

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
lund40
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

evergreen

Post by lund40 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:41 am

Bought a few esdrives and two esflats, anyone use these baits, and how is the action......canlt wait to use mine.

Carlos Carrapiço
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: evergreen

Post by Carlos Carrapiço » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:51 am

lund40 wrote:Bought a few esdrives and two esflats, anyone use these baits, and how is the action......canlt wait to use mine.
The esdrive is more of sub surface s pattern lure. I like it a lot specially for pike.

The esflat goes deeper with the same s pattern swim action.

Both are great lures. I would say the esflat can be used to cover more water faster and deeper while the esdrive is more of a technical lure for the right spots where you want to fish it dead slow with a few stops or twitches. Also, you can burn the esdrive without any problem but for me, almost dead slow retrieve is the answer.

dcorp
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dcorp » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:53 am

The esflat is a great little bait, you will love those things. What colors did you ick up?

lund40
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lund40 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:56 pm

Bluegill and three lips....i saw that photo of carlos with that monster pike you caught with a esdrive

primus
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by primus » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:07 pm

I just picked up a Timberflash off of ebay, good looking bait. Any of you guys fish this yet ?

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Sun May 19, 2013 4:41 pm

I've had much success with the esdrive myself on pike and muskie up here in Minnesota. Just as Carlos said the retrieve that works best for me is also a slow steady one and i love throwing near boat docks or just right outside of vegetation. The rod i recommend is the X4 Destroyer and i think it matches perfectly.

Native
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Native » Sun May 19, 2013 4:51 pm

Pen3 wrote:I've had much success with the esdrive myself on pike and muskie up here in Minnesota. Just as Carlos said the retrieve that works best for me is also a slow steady one and i love throwing near boat docks or just right outside of vegetation. The rod i recommend is the X4 Destroyer and i think it matches perfectly.
X2

Matter of fact, the Esflat is also my (and a good) choice for use on the X4 Destroyer. They all seem to be reasonably light; not requiring any heavy duty rod req'ts. Really wish these baits were easier to find and with better prices. The prices on these suckers are crazy high! ](*,)