Seeker CSW 808 for swimbaits

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Seeker CSW 808 for swimbaits

Post by dragon1 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:57 am

I am reposting this here from the custom rods forum in hopes of getting some "bites"

After racking my brain for several weeks between factory, JDM, pre-built customs etc., I am going to give the following blank a shot:

Seeker CSW 808 from their "Blue Lightning" series...Randall at Seeker shared with me that this is the same blank that they cut down to 7'6" for the Paul Elias ARig rod and handles 1-5oz well (the 8oz rating is optimistic per Randall).

http://www.seekerrods.com/wp-content/up ... ng-All.jpg

I am going to have this rod buit to 7'10" (down from the actual 8'2" length when rolled from Seeker) and use it for a myriad of baits from 1oz Buzzjets to Hudd 68s, Wooden Punker Jrs., Magnum Spooks, Bull Shad, Small Shellcracker, 2-3oz Pike/Musky Inlines and Spoons, and the like.

50lb braid, Z2020H + 20lb-ish leader round it out.

Anyone have any feedback or experience with this series of blanks? They look and sound very promising.

Native
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Seeker CSW 808 for swimbaits

Post by Native » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:32 am

I'm glad Randy was able to help you. He's a great guy.

You might do better asking that question with one of the West Coast forums like Bloody Decks, they have alot more folks who use those SW specific rods.

Give a holler if you want to see both of mine. I also just ordered one of their Jerkbait rods, can't wait to see it!

Good luck.

Tim

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:58 pm

Right on Tim...I believe you have the 809 Blue Lightning?

I am pretty excited about this blank build, I believe it will give me the more parabolic upper section I prefer for big moving baits + braid, and an even stronger backbone vs a graphite rod. The addition that it weights less than traditional S Glass, and even competitively with some graphites, while still maintaining more durability and ability to cast heavier lures with authority; all all huge advantages for me.

BTW...my builder just ordered the blank and is getting all the components, reel seat, thread in order!

I will keep you in the fold.

Cheers,

-Van.

Native
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Native » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:08 pm

Cool beans man! Happy to hear it! You're gonna love it!!!! No turning back now. The swimbait bug is a tough one to shake, lol.

Correct, I have both the CR809 (Freshwater)and the BCBW (Inshore) 809, both use the same blank. The rods load up beautifully with that S-glass in the blanks. The production rods are perfectly done with no flaws of any kind, not that you'd care but for anyone else who's curious, they rock.

You're far more patient than I to wait for the completion of a custom but you picked a great time to have it built.

Tim

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:25 pm

We need to get on the water again to compare notes.

Talk to you soon.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:43 am

I have one on build - will make sure to give a report back in the User Review Section for those interested in a big bait/swimbait rod with Seeker's new "military spec" SGlass/graphite sheet bottom blanks.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:38 pm

CSW 808 is on the Show & Tell! 8-)