new to huddleston 8"

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
somedude
Angler
Angler

new to huddleston 8"

Post by somedude » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:01 pm

Title says it all 8-) I want to catch a monster this year! im new to big baits have the proper equipment,baits and have thrown the hudd on a few trips. It feels like im doing something wrong posibly technique they say slower the better? just want to get a general census of tt members on what technique they employ on the hudd. I live out west and target largemouth and stripers.

dcorp
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: new to huddleston 8"

Post by dcorp » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:31 am

I mostly use ROF 12 hudds. Cast and let the hudd sink to the bottom then fish it slowly on or just off the bottom. I rig my hudds with a treble hook above the head. 9 times out of 10 the bass will hit the hudd at the head trying to take the trout head first. Youtube "butch brown style" and you will see videos on how to rig it. I fish my hudds like any other lure, YOU NEED TO LOOK FOR COVER AND FISH IT (that part is in uppercase for a reason), whether its docks, trees, weedlines, ext... If you are just casting into open water it will be a while before you catch your first hudd fish. Remember bass are ambush preditors and they are no different about eating trout. Good luck man, swimbait fishing is addictive so be careful, lol.

bassindon69
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: new to huddleston 8"

Post by bassindon69 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:18 am