Re-painting a Hudd

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
Stretchnlines
Angler
Angler

Re-painting a Hudd

Post by Stretchnlines » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:35 am

Has anyone ever tried to repaint a Hudd, specifically the Albino color? If so, how hard is it to paint over the already white color?

I'm looking to start throwing the Hudd on Guntersville this year, but we don't have trout in the lake - so I wanted to possibly paint it a color that I know would work. I know other colors would work well, but I wanted to "match the hatch" a little more than is available in the Hudd lineup.

Stretchnlines
Angler
Angler

Re: Re-painting a Hudd

Post by Stretchnlines » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:16 am

Never mind. I got my answer. It'd have to be a special paint and it'd cost too much for my liking.

angry john
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by angry john » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:27 am

I have used a flex component additive in painting a motorcycle fairing before. I dont know if you could mix in enough to make it work corrrectly. It may require so much it will change the integrity of the paint. The spray cans from HD have some flexable formula's as well. I don't know how well this would work or if it would, just an idea!

Gblaze
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Gblaze » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:31 am

Stretchnlines wrote:Has anyone ever tried to repaint a Hudd, specifically the Albino color? If so, how hard is it to paint over the already white color?

I'm looking to start throwing the Hudd on Guntersville this year, but we don't have trout in the lake - so I wanted to possibly paint it a color that I know would work. I know other colors would work well, but I wanted to "match the hatch" a little more than is available in the Hudd lineup.
I have a torn up hudd (from chomping) that still gets bit- the color is barely reminiscent of what it looked like new- so Im doubtful it matters....those things get bit regardless (maybe even better once roughed up)
I also have scored using trout painted 68's in waters with no trout - shouldnt matter if your fishing them deeper than 12 ft....

beezy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by beezy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:22 pm

Here's a good video that shows a way to repaint some huddleston swimbaits as far as repairing baits as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB7Q0MfxYLk

Enjoy.