Direct tie or snap for swimbaits

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Direct tie or snap for swimbaits

Post by Bronzeye » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:46 am

GARRIGA wrote: just carry some Texas Instrument Split Ring Pliers. Those have the knotch on the tip that makes the action super easy.
To prevent confusion: I believe Garriga meant "Texas Tackle split ring pliers."

angry john
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by angry john » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:34 pm

GARRIGA wrote:Doesn't get more secure or free movement than a Tuna ring and split combo. The one thing I plan to change is upgrading the Tuna ring to the Profish Magnum Ring Grommet which provide a better knot connection for the main line/leader. Just carry a good set of split ring pliers and the connection is one less thing to be concerned with.

I guess I should have asked some questions but that would have been the cheaper way!!! I am using the owner solid ring #4 and #3 hyper wire split ring. The #4 split ring may also be a good or better choice but I only ordered the #3 and #5. I will play around with this for a while and see how well it works out. I also ordered a set of the premium pliers from TW now I just have to find a strap or leash, because I may teach the kids on the lake some new sailor words if I were to drop them over the side!!!!!

g11k11
Angler
Angler

Post by g11k11 » Wed May 08, 2013 4:35 am

Large snaps, easier to change baits without retrying. In my experience they don't seem to hinder the baits action