Keitech swimbaits

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
Ub2m4
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Keitech swimbaits

Post by Ub2m4 » Thu May 05, 2011 1:09 pm

Fished yesterday with kietexh 3.8" swing impact fat. Very good action even at slow retrieve. Caught several 2 lb bass. What other soft body swim baits in this size have the same action at slower retrieves. Love trying new baits and new designs. Thanks in advance.

NJ Jigman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Keitech swimbaits

Post by NJ Jigman » Fri May 06, 2011 1:56 am

i use the keitechs exclusively, if they're working for you stick with them. if there is big fish where you live beef it up to the 4.8's, i live in jersey, home of the pressured fish, i like the skinny impacts for most applications straight up finesse, swim jig trailers, the small 3 in on a drop shot, stick with them :D

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Sat May 07, 2011 6:08 pm

Same here i love the Keitechs and i use them as Swim Jig III and Deps Prop Jig trailers too.

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Sun May 08, 2011 4:59 am

I think Keitechs are the best soft swimbaits (in that form...by this I mean very simple design, no eyes or extreme details like other soft body swimbaits), they are extremely versatile and come in great colors and sizes....

I have used Netbait BK Swimmers, they seem to work pretty well...the Lake Fork Magic Shad looks good but Ive never caught anything on them...lots of people prefer the hard to get Imakatsu Javallon from japan...I have also used the Reaction Innovations Skinny Dipper, Zoom Swimming Super Fluke, Gary Yamamoto Swim Senko, and Jackall Ammonite shad.....none of these compare to the Keitechs IMO.

I have been reading reviews on the new Berkley Havoc Swimbaits...people have been saying some good things about them, and I will be trying them out shortly, especially for $3 a pack. I will also be trying the Megastrike Fat Shad, as well as the Megabass 5 Inch Spindle Worm...when I get this next bait monkey off my shoulder and purchase a few more lures I will let you know how these compare to the Keitechs...but until then, I recommend you just stick to using them, so far they are the best and most productive Ive used to date. \:D/
stress-what happens between fishing trips

fanjoo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fanjoo » Tue May 10, 2011 3:58 pm

I love the Swing Impact Fats for trailers for swim jigs and chatter baits. I also have a whole mess of skinny dippers and lake fork shad. I have caught fish on all of them. Lake Fork magic shad has great action as well but the tails bend easily if you don't keep them in the package...but you can always just put them in boiling water to straighten them out. The only thing is that Swing Impacts are $7.50 for I believe 5 baits for the 4.8 size and that's pretty pricey for baits that rip after 1-2 fish. I keep a bottle of mend it near by at all times. All three baits have different action so it's up to you to find out what the fish are wanting that day. Also I did try out some of the Berkley Havocs swim bait and it is very similar to RI skinny dipper.

Centipede
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Centipede » Wed May 11, 2011 5:36 am

Pen3 wrote:Same here i love the Keitechs and i use them as Swim Jig III and Deps Prop Jig trailers too.
How are you fishing that Prop jig?

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Wed May 11, 2011 4:18 pm

Centipede wrote:
Pen3 wrote:Same here i love the Keitechs and i use them as Swim Jig III and Deps Prop Jig trailers too.
How are you fishing that Prop jig?
I have not try anything else, but a slow to medium steady retrieve.

gpoler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by gpoler » Fri May 13, 2011 7:46 am

I like a lot Keytech fat swingimpact, also in 4,8 and 5,8 sizes.
place a weighted hook in the right size and you'll have a snagless bait ,with an incredible movment at slow retrieve.
good castability and very durable if not destryed by pike.
CANNONDALE USER!!!!!!!!!!!

overdose
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by overdose » Sat May 14, 2011 4:59 pm

love my keitech fat impacts!

Centipede
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Centipede » Mon May 16, 2011 1:41 am

fanjoo wrote:The only thing is that Swing Impacts are $7.50 for I believe 5 baits for the 4.8 size and that's pretty pricey for baits that rip after 1-2 fish.
Have you tried the LFT swimbait hook? I put the Owner center pin keeper on it and they last a long time (4-5 fish being long). If you look at the LFT hook you will see it comes through at a 90 degree angle so it doesn't tear the bait on the hookset.

mrborohachi
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mrborohachi » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:12 am

My question is, is which has the most paddle vibration??? Have any of you guys tried the Jackall Ammonite paddletail?

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:54 am

mrborohachi wrote:My question is, is which has the most paddle vibration??? Have any of you guys tried the Jackall Ammonite paddletail?
I have. IMO Keitechs are MUCH MUCH better.

primus
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by primus » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:10 am

I can tell you mice like the Kietech baits. Of all the soft plastics etc sitting in my garage the mice bite through a couple of packs of Kietechs this past winter and partially ate the baits. I hope the mice choked death lol. I still haven't fished it yet. I can say I've done well with R.I. Skinny Dippers.

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:36 am

must be that delicious squid ink scent :lol:

emjay
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by emjay » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:36 pm

good baits but they tear and rip off too easy. i use them with owner finesse jig heads.