Announcing DaveJ/Shinner's Paddle Tail Reverse Grip Giveaway

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
davej
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Announcing DaveJ/Shinner's Paddle Tail Reverse Grip Give

Post by davej » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:45 am

SPW: that is a perfect SRG... great report.. PM me you address and I will ship them out today..

Okay Guys 6 packs of 6 left...

DJ

Lucas
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Lucas » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:24 am

After folding to peer pressure from DaveJ. I'm adding the following report along with a SRG.

After receiving a Curado 200DHSV & Powell 7' Heavy EF 704C combo via the Tackle Tour For Sale/Wanted/Trade forum last week, I finally got out to give 'em a test drive. I had planned to hit a secret body of water and truly put the combo to the test but after being put on grill duty by the wife and helping my sister in law carry a computer table down a flight of stairs, (WTH is her husband?!?!) my time was limited. So after I had finally pulled off a "Grillin' Chicken, the best she's ever had. So now I'm gonna go fish my Huddleston Deluxe Shad" I was on my way to do just that and I headed out to a small farm pond I have access to.

Light was fading fast and while I didn't mind fishing in the dark, one of the things I like to do is flip/underhand cast the Hudd Shads to any fish I see cruising. Unfortunately I was unable to do that cause it was too dark for polarized shades. After a couple casts I had a quick hit but was unable to hook up. A few cast later and a fish slurped the ROF3 right below the surface. I setup and the she was on. The new Powell was perfect. It had a light enough tip to toss the bait easily but had enough backbone to swing the fish. (lookout KVD!) LOL Unfortunately, as you can kind of see in the pic, the internal weight ripped out of the shad. Bummer. After releasing the fish I examined the shad. I believe she can be saved with a little Zap-a-Gap. Whether or not she'll swim correctly I don't know.

That was it for a while until I had a fish knock the snot out of the bait during the retrieve. I thought it was going to something really photo worthy but it was just a really small fish with a lot of spunk.

I left not long after that and went home and watched Curb Your Enthusiasm on Comcast OnDemand. :lol:

davej
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by davej » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:33 pm

Lucas... very nice SRG and report.. PM your address and I will get Pack Number 3 in mail..

5 Packs Left (NJ representing taking two)

senkoman85
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by senkoman85 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:02 pm

Pack #1 has arrived here in Maryland. Thanks, Dave! Much appreciated!

The baits look very cool. Soft in texture but they feel like they'll catch a few fish.

I'm going to try and rig them a few different ways. Dave recommends a wieghted hook, which will impart a "side to side" action on the bait that I am sure will be deadly. I will play around with these baits over the next week or so and post my results for all to see.

Thanks again Dave!

Now I'm going to have to mutate the SRG into my own, Maryland Style :D

murphy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by murphy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:48 pm

senkoman85 wrote:Pack #1 has arrived here in Maryland. Thanks, Dave!
you know if you do that, you must pay DaveJ some royalties.
When I grow up, I want to be like Cal

davej
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by davej » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:48 pm

senkoman85 wrote:Pack #1 has arrived here in Maryland. Thanks, Dave! Much appreciated!

The baits look very cool. Soft in texture but they feel like they'll catch a few fish.

I'm going to try and rig them a few different ways. Dave recommends a wieghted hook, which will impart a "side to side" action on the bait that I am sure will be deadly. I will play around with these baits over the next week or so and post my results for all to see.

Thanks again Dave!

yeah most definately use a weighted hook.. and remmber do not thread the hook through the nose point first.. you will make too big a hole in the nose when the weight slides through.. use the hook eye to poke from the bottom of the bait threw the nose, then tie your line onto the hook eye and slide the hook eye back into the bait, texas rig the hook point.

PS The SRG is universal...state boundries can not hold back the SRG..

teamdaiwa5
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by teamdaiwa5 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:56 am

Whoa, posted my SRG pic here yesterday, recieved the package from Dave today. Thanks man, awesome!!