Large Mouth at The Res

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
davej
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Large Mouth at The Res

Post by davej » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:38 pm

Looking outside with the dark clouds, light wind and threat of rain I thought this was going to be a good swimbait bite.. Headed over to my local Resivior, got there about an hour before the rain and picked up this one on a Floating Quad Jointed Trout from 22nd Century baits. I was using various retrieves and she exploded on the slow swim, stop, jerk alive, slow swim.. Repeat... I saw her tail boil behind the bait and after about the 3 time with this cadence she crushed it. The Rain came and I switched it up to the Lunker Plunker Jr.. You can cast a spool with this bait, you can really get this bait to walk the dog with like 16" glides from side to side, as I worked this bait I could just picture a monster coming up to crush it, I look forward to putting some more time on the water with this bait.. Threw the Shell Cracker for about 1/2 to give them a different profile, mine worked great, was able to get a good tail wag with a slow retrieve and with the dead stick and the occasional jerk you would get that great Clacking Noise.. I then wanted to try out a my new 7" MS Slammer, nice clacking noise on a slow retrieve. I casted it out and was typing a few emails when I looked up and saw the a big splash, the back of a fish and my lure come flying out of the water, I don't think she committed to it but rather blew up on it. It was sitting bobbing in the rain motionless for at least 5 minutes before she took a swipe at it..

Gear used:
Powell 711MH, Upgarded Daiwa BBS, 20lb Gamma..

*same fish in both Pictures.

Lucas
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Large Mouth at The Res

Post by Lucas » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:27 am

Dave, I can't see the photos (photobucket doesn't always come through at work) but I think it's safe to say I dislike you. In approximately one week's time you've posted nice smallies, chunky hybrids and now, I'm guessing, a decent largemouth. Yep, you're a real jerk. ;)

...nice job. I'm jealous.

Centipede
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Centipede » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:56 am

You type e-mails while fishing (blackberry?).

Sully
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Sully » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:27 am

Way to go Dave! Nice production

spw
Angler
Angler

Post by spw » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:52 am

Nice SRG Dave is that the same bait from the other day.

davej
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by davej » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:39 am

Centipede wrote:You type e-mails while fishing (blackberry?).
The Treo... it's my remote office. I can slip out a few hours before 5pm and still get back to clients..

I think his Black Berry Increased NJV's time on the water by 400%

SPW: Yes this is the floating Quad Trout from 22nd Century Baits.. you can pick them up at Performance Tackle..

Lucas: I can email them to you LOL... j/k your time is coming.. definitely take Shinnerking, sully and or NJV up on the invite for a Day on the Lake .. they are all fun to fish with and they will try their best to put you on a nice fish..

FCON
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by FCON » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:54 am

WTG Dave!