mattlure swimbait

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
Redfisher18
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

mattlure swimbait

Post by Redfisher18 » Wed May 09, 2007 10:28 am

I just received a couple of the mattlure swimbaits (male bream and pumpkinseed) that Cal reviewed recently and I am very impressed. These baits are incredibly realistic. I've got a Kistler LTA 7'6" extra heavy rod on the way and access to a farm pond with tons of bream and very big bass. I can't wait.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: mattlure swimbait

Post by Cal » Wed May 09, 2007 10:52 am

yeah.. not bad for right around $20, hah? crazy little baits. Keep us posted on your progress fishing them!
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Lightninrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Lightninrod » Wed May 09, 2007 1:43 pm

Great tackle/bait for sure!!!!

I prefer Matt's Baby Bass series so don't forget them. They've caught dozens of Bass for me including my PB, a 9 lber.

Dan

Redfisher18
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Redfisher18 » Wed May 09, 2007 7:30 pm

I picked up a couple of the bass lures as well. I'm going to the pond Sunday with one of each tied on.

avid
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by avid » Wed May 09, 2007 7:43 pm

I just got an ultimate bluegill. what an awesome looking bait !!
I have had pretty good luck with the baby bass. Biggest so far is a weighed six pounder.
but my bluegill runs a little off center. It lists about 20 degrees to the left on a straight steady moderate retrieve.
Anyone know how to correct this?

Mattlures
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Mattlures » Wed May 09, 2007 8:00 pm

If the bait is warped it can causeit to lean a little. Tyr boiling some water and submerging the back half of the bait up to about the pec fins. Do this for about 1 minute then put the whole bait in some cold water for about 5minutes. This will make evrything straight again. Now the bait should swim nice and straight. Also remember that 90% of the bites come from a very slow roll. just fast enough to make the tail kcik

Redfisher18
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Redfisher18 » Thu May 10, 2007 5:09 am

Mattlures said:
Also remember that 90% of the bites come from a very slow roll. just fast enough to make the tail kcik
Sounds like I should use one of my slower geared reels. Any recommendation on line? I've got the ultimate bluegill set up on the extra heavy LTA with a saltwater version chronarch using 30lb suffix elite braid and the bass lure is set up on a heavy LTA with the high speed STX using 14lb flourocarbon. I guess I will leave the extra heavy and chronarch together since I was also going to use that set up for big reds as well. I may swap the stx out with a 200DC to take advantage of the slower gear ratio.

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tigerbass » Thu May 10, 2007 5:36 am

Mattlures,

Are there any plans for a shad immitation swimbait (especially threadfin)?

dbass
Angler
Angler

Post by dbass » Thu May 10, 2007 10:22 am

He just posted this up on another board about a shad bait he is testing. The pictures speak for themselves. Cant wait to pick up a few!! The link is below:

http://www.swimbaitnation.com/forum/toa ... 1&tid=9015

DBass

SPAZ
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by SPAZ » Thu May 10, 2007 12:00 pm

dbass wrote:He just posted this up on another board about a shad bait he is testing. The pictures speak for themselves. Cant wait to pick up a few!! The link is below:

http://www.swimbaitnation.com/forum/toa ... 1&tid=9015

DBass
Pics not working for me.