Alternative for Metanium '13 clutch bar

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
dominater
Angler
Angler

Alternative for Metanium '13 clutch bar

Post by dominater » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:47 am

The thumb clutch bar (part number BNT4643/10MWD) on my Metanium '13 broke off where the phillips screw attaches to the clutch plate. ETA on the replacement part is 3/25/2024. I've checked third party vendors online and haven't found one in stock.

Is there a part for another reel I could use as a substitute? If a direct substitute doesn't exist, can i perhaps modify one to get me by temporarily until the part is back in stock?

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Alternative for Metanium '13 clutch bar

Post by Slazmo » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:18 pm

Get some glue and rebuild it - Plexus MA310 has a working capacity to 3000psi and has good elongation to manage stressors.

Used some yesterday to glue my old ladies glasses when she took a good fall and snapped the arm clean off the frame, it glued within 10 minutes and took a good flex test multiple times.

Also glued a side access plate together in a old Antares Scorpion when the service guy before me shattered it trying to remove it from the reel.

Try one of these two part glues (Methacrylate based).

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:30 pm

Send me a PM with your name and address and I will get one out to you in the mail. We had a few in our repair parts drawer and we can part with one to help you out. I assume you are in the US. If you are somewhere else it will make it a little more difficult for me to ship it to you.

dominater
Angler
Angler

Post by dominater » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:44 am

Thank you, Bantam, for taking the time to find this part in your shop and shipping to me!

Slazmo - Good recommendation for the adhesive. I ordered some to try.