Shimano Scorpion DC 101HG - Break Stopped Working

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
Byang98120
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Shimano Scorpion DC 101HG - Break Stopped Working

Post by Byang98120 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:50 pm

Hello,

The brake on my Shimano Scorpion DC 101HG stopped working all of a sudden while fishing 2 months ago. I casted a couple times to see if the brakes will start again, but had no success. The line just nested. Haven't tried casting it since. Does anyone have an idea what maybe wrong with it? Anyone ever experience this? What did you do to get it fixed?

Open water season is over here in Minnesota, so I have 6 months to figure it out.

Thanks,

Brian

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: Shimano Scorpion DC 101HG - Break Stopped Working

Post by Bantam1 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:09 am

More than likely there is a failure of the unit. I believe the DC unit is similar to the Metanium DC, but I am not 100% sure. I will double check with an engineer to see if it will work. If that is the case we have DC units here. If it is different we will have to order it from Japan.

Since this is a JDM model there is no warranty in the US. You would be charged for the repair.

Byang98120
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Shimano Scorpion DC 101HG - Break Stopped Working

Post by Byang98120 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:19 am

Bantam1 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:09 am
More than likely there is a failure of the unit. I believe the DC unit is similar to the Metanium DC, but I am not 100% sure. I will double check with an engineer to see if it will work. If that is the case we have DC units here. If it is different we will have to order it from Japan.

Since this is a JDM model there is no warranty in the US. You would be charged for the repair.
Thank you.