Shimano Reel Service East

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Shimano Reel Service East

Post by Bantam1 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:01 am

The facility in South Carolina is now offering reel repair and services. This is an addition to the California location, 26 service centers across the US, Peterborough, Canada and Mississauga, Canada. Our customers have several locations to have their reels serviced or repaired.

The SC facility was added to offer quicker service to our east coast customers. This also provides quicker shipping time due to the proximity of the states they will cover (see map above).

I spent almost a year of my life two weeks at a time in Charleston, SC training new people along with a couple of others from the CA office. The SC location offers the same service as our location in CA. They will have a local drop off counter as well as ship in services.

Here is a link to our list of service centers and repair forms for the US and Canada. The new forms will show you which location to ship to when you fill out the form with your address. This will ensure the quickest possible turn around time and shipping time based on your location.

http://fish.shimano.com/content/fish/no ... nters.html

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Shimano Reel Service East

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:37 am

Will they stock parts, as well? I hope so, and I hope the shipping costs or parts orders won't be so high for us on the East Coast from now on!
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:55 pm

They do not have an inventory carousel system there. All parts orders will still ship from our west coast warehouse. The repair department will have parts for repairs only, not for sales. We used to charge a flat $3 for parts shipping unless it was a huge order. Is that not the case any longer?

Lobo
Angler
Angler

Post by Lobo » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:53 pm

Can they do a Carbontex drag upgrade?

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:16 am

We do not perform any upgrades really. We can install cross carbon drags on some of the spinning reels for inshore use using factory parts. Aside from that we do not do any sort of modifications.