BNT4631-Idle gear pin

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

BNT4631-Idle gear pin

Post by LgMouthGambler » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:31 am

When Shimano comes up with a brighter idea, why cant they produce replacements? Got a reel shipped to me with a problem after a service shop did a clean. Come to find out the reel is missing a idle gear pin. Says "discontinued" on Shimanos website. WTF?
<")))><{

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: BNT4631-Idle gear pin

Post by Bantam1 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:49 am

There is a running change to the part and the new number is BNT5310.

Sometimes our bright ideas are for a reason. And there are times when we improve the bright idea and make it better and brighter. We even change the part numbers for time to time so you can continue to complain about the brilliance of our designs.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:52 am

Those idler gear pins are on so many reels now it's not funny...

Try the BNT number off the Chronarch G if your desperate.

Otherwise that part off the I is common with the new K & DC...

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:01 am

Bantam1 wrote:There is a running change to the part and the new number is BNT5310.

Sometimes our bright ideas are for a reason. And there are times when we improve the bright idea and make it better and brighter. We even change the part numbers for time to time so you can continue to complain about the brilliance of our designs.
If there is a running part change, why wouldnt it redirect you, or inform you of the new number when looking for it? Might want to get the person in charge of the website to update that. Might come in handy for the average joes who decide to conquer a cleaning themselves. :lol:

Wasnt meaning to be mean, just couldnt understand why they would do this, and then to see "discontinued", really made me WTF at yall. :lol: Im bitter about change, :crying:

Thanks for the new part number reply.
<")))><{

lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lifeofRiley » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:47 am

LgMouthGambler wrote:
Bantam1 wrote:There is a running change to the part and the new number is BNT5310.

If there is a running part change, why wouldnt it redirect you, or inform you of the new number when looking for it? Might want to get the person in charge of the website to update that. Might come in handy for the average joes who decide to conquer a cleaning themselves. :lol:

Wasnt meaning to be mean, just couldnt understand why they would do this, and then to see "discontinued", really made me WTF at yall. :lol: Im bitter about change, :crying:

My constructive criticism for LgMouthGambler is that many of your posts come across as rude, immature, and shortsighted. I understand there are many times working on reels where frustration sets in, especially when trying to find a part number and being unable to, when the part we want is discontinued, or when we see "design flaws." There have been times when I wish the Shimano website was improved upon. Look at the alternatives, Lews, Abu, Quantum, KastKing? Although not perfect, Shimano has the best parts numbering system I've run into while servicing reels. AND if there is something you can't find, bantam will do his best to find you an answer. You come across as a whiny baby in a good number of your posts. I suggest you learn some tact and how to communicate as an adult.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:30 am

lifeofRiley wrote:
LgMouthGambler wrote:

My constructive criticism for LgMouthGambler is that many of your posts come across as rude, immature, and shortsighted. I understand there are many times working on reels where frustration sets in, especially when trying to find a part number and being unable to, when the part we want is discontinued, or when we see "design flaws." There have been times when I wish the Shimano website was improved upon. Look at the alternatives, Lews, Abu, Quantum, KastKing? Although not perfect, Shimano has the best parts numbering system I've run into while servicing reels. AND if there is something you can't find, bantam will do his best to find you an answer. You come across as a whiny baby in a good number of your posts. I suggest you learn some tact and how to communicate as an adult.
Considering you dont get some of my tongue and cheek humor, its OK. Many of my posts are just that, and get some to either laugh, or think differently. You can be the deciding factor.
<")))><{

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:33 am

There are issues with the website. We had a position to fill that handles the small parts and changes. That person is supposed to update the web team to revise the schematic. Many times things slip through the cracks. In the future just post here and ask me, or call our customer service number. 877-577-0600. Many times the system we use internally is updated with the change, or someone can find out if it hasn't been updated yet.

brownhl
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by brownhl » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:39 am

Please don't retire Bamtam, or we would be up a creek. =D>