Stradic CI4+ Reel Stems

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Stradic CI4+ Reel Stems

Post by HobeyBaker » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:15 am

Is the reel stem on the 1000 just as long as the 2500? I have big hands and in the past some 1000 series reels have busted my knuckles due to short reel stems.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Stradic CI4+ Reel Stems

Post by Houndfish » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:36 am

HobeyBaker wrote:Is the reel stem on the 1000 just as long as the 2500? I have big hands and in the past some 1000 series reels have busted my knuckles due to short reel stems.
I have both reels and will measure tonight for you. If I dont post by tomorrow morning PM me a reminder. In my memory it is a good bit longer.

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:02 pm

Houndfish wrote:
HobeyBaker wrote:Is the reel stem on the 1000 just as long as the 2500? I have big hands and in the past some 1000 series reels have busted my knuckles due to short reel stems.
I have both reels and will measure tonight for you. If I dont post by tomorrow morning PM me a reminder. In my memory it is a good bit longer.
Sounds good. Thanks for the help.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:05 pm

HobeyBaker wrote:
Houndfish wrote:
Sounds good. Thanks for the help.

So while the stem is longer, it looks like from the "top" of the bail wire to the stem is about the same, which was very surprising to me. I have smaller hands (a Medium/Large in most gloves) and if my grip gets sloppy on the 1000 the wire can hit my knuckles but I don't remember that ever happening with the 2500. It might be a difference in presentations I use them for, the 2500 was most all tip-up dropshoting while the 1000 was used on a short general-purpose finesse rod, so I was using a far greater range of motion maybe?

In any case, the reels are out, let me know if you want more measurements. I am fussy as hell about handle lengths and am forever asking people to measure their rods for me, so I don't mind measuring stuff for other people.

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:27 pm

Thanks for doing that. Now it's time to compare both of them to reels I already have.