question on an old part

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

question on an old part

Post by lifeofRiley » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:55 am

I'm wondering if there's any replacement for Part# BNT1207 roller clutch bearing. This was the one from all the old classic reels(and some of my all time favorites). Curado 200B, Chronarch 100A, etc.

If anyone else has a source for these and wants to let me know that'd be great.

Before submitting this topic I just checked southwestern parts and see they list BNT2925 as a substitute. Anyone tried this?

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: question on an old part

Post by ShimanoFan » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:44 pm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fishing-Reel-P ... :rk:3:pf:0

By all appearances, it appears the same, but without it in my hand I can not be sure. For less than $20 on ebay, not too risky. And you should be able to return if it isn't the correct one.

The ebay link above is for a seller going by Dad's Old Tackle. I feel fairly certain he would list the correct part.

Another way to find this bearing is by taking the number off the part itself and use the non-shimano part number found on the metal case. Sometimes you can find it that way. Last time I purchased some by using the non-shimano number, I bought a dozen off ebay for about $12.00 but it has been years since then.

Good luck! Let us know how it works out. Oh, and a drop of oil might be a good idea. Avoid grease.

BTW, I still use one old Curado CU-201B38. It is a slow reel 3.8:1 speed that you just can't find these days... a rare reel these days...
Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:53 pm

BNT2925 is the same dimension, with ARB rollers inside. This is the correct replacement for the BNT1207

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:49 pm

Im sure I have one. I have the whole crankplate with the bearing in it if interested. Im sure its in perfect condition too. A CU200B that is.
<")))><{