2018 Curado DC (Merged Topic)

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: 2018 Curado DC (Merged Topic)

Post by ShimanoFan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:22 am

When will the lefties be available???
Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:38 am

We will get the first shipment at the end of this month, but it is a small amount of reels. The larger shipments will come in Nov-Dec.

fishing_tx
Angler
Angler

Post by fishing_tx » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:12 pm

I just ordered my lefty online. This will be my first new baitcaster, ever! All of my others are hand-me-downs or used purchases that I have refurbished. Not to say I have bad gear, I've got several early Chronarchs Curados, Calcuttas and even a Calais CL200 that are all in very good condition, but I've been on the 'yak for the last two years and decided inexpensive spinning equipment was a better choice for three days a week on the water chasing redfish and specks in the 'yak. Since I have a poling skiff being finished at the moment, I'm excited to use my winches, and Curado DC ticks all the boxes for me.

I now wish I had clicked the "overnight" option.
Transducers are great for finding fish; when torn off the transom, it's shallow enough.

fishing_tx
Angler
Angler

Post by fishing_tx » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:31 pm

Got the lefty 151 HG in the mail today. Neat reel, cannot wait to get it on the water. I've been fishing with spinning reels mostly for the last two years because I like them in the yak. I can't believe how much more natural the left hand retrieve feels. I guess I'm going to have to by five more lefty Shimanos. haha!
Transducers are great for finding fish; when torn off the transom, it's shallow enough.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:16 pm

fishing_tx wrote:Got the lefty 151 HG in the mail today. Neat reel, cannot wait to get it on the water. I've been fishing with spinning reels mostly for the last two years because I like them in the yak. I can't believe how much more natural the left hand retrieve feels. I guess I'm going to have to by five more lefty Shimanos. haha!
Sweet! Let us know what you think please. 8-)

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:09 pm

Gone Phishin wrote:
Sweet! Let us know what you think please. 8-)
He broke it already and is looking for parts! Whoops!

He posted this in another thread: "I forgot to go lefty-tighty on my CUDC151HG. Ended up scratching the handle, and dropped and the plastic top cover on the frame (above the level wind) cracked."

Mine is in the mail... along with a new K model as well. A 71 is next, but I am really getting exited about using the new curado DC.

Going back 30 years or more, I have an old Shimano rod, a pistol grip with stainless steel handle that I always put brand new curados on first. A tradition kind of thing.

Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?