looking for parts# for Aldebaran and metanium

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
kosiko
Angler
Angler

looking for parts# for Aldebaran and metanium

Post by kosiko » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:36 am

Hi guys,

I am looking for part# to replace the aluminum gears on the following reels, if you have any info to share that will be appreciated.

09 Aldebaran MG7 LH
13 Metanium RH
13 Metanium HG RH
15 Metanium DC (6.2) LH

for each reel, can I just replace the main gear or I will also need to replace the Pinion gear? I remember I saw some discussion saying CURADO K gears can fit into 13 Metanium...

Thanks!!
Ben
Ben ...the shimano fan

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: looking for parts# for Aldebaran and metanium

Post by Bantam1 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:09 am

Here is a link to our parts and schematics:

https://fishshop.shimano.com/pages/low-profile

We always suggest replacing gears as a set. Yes the Curado K drive gear will fit the Metanium, but the dimensions are not the exact same as the Metanium gear. Some of the drag washers will not fit properly inside of the Curado gear from the Metanium. I do not remember which gears specifically.

kosiko
Angler
Angler

Post by kosiko » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:01 am

Bantam1 wrote:Here is a link to our parts and schematics:

https://fishshop.shimano.com/pages/low-profile

We always suggest replacing gears as a set. Yes the Curado K drive gear will fit the Metanium, but the dimensions are not the exact same as the Metanium gear. Some of the drag washers will not fit properly inside of the Curado gear from the Metanium. I do not remember which gears specifically.
Thank you Bantam.

I do use this this link a lot. Question, this link seems a bit messy, such as CURADO K is missing, metanium 13 is missing (it referred to metanium MGL but nothing there for 13 version), some pictures and reels are not match etc.

if someone from shimano can do cleanup on the schematics site that will be great, thanks \:D/
Ben ...the shimano fan

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:29 am

They are having some issues pulling the info from the new global server with the new website. They are working on it and it should be improved in the near future.

kosiko
Angler
Angler

Post by kosiko » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:30 pm

Bantam1 wrote:They are having some issues pulling the info from the new global server with the new website. They are working on it and it should be improved in the near future.
sounds good, thank you Bantam
Ben ...the shimano fan