a couple of parts questions

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

a couple of parts questions

Post by lifeofRiley » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:30 am

#1 I was wondering if Shimano still has some parts in stock for the CH100D7, chiefly gear sets and a clutch plate BNT3829?

#2 A buddy gave me a reel to clean, and replace the anti-reverse bearing on, Antares DC 7. He said this is a JDM reel, but I was wondering if you know a part# for the one-way roller clutch, and also the inner tube?

Thanks a bunch!

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: a couple of parts questions

Post by Bantam1 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:20 am

Yes we still have the parts you need available. You can use this link to our online parts order site which shows availability of parts:

https://fishshop.shimano.com/vip/landing.jsp

BNT2949 is the part number for the bearing. Have fun getting the old one out...

lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lifeofRiley » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:20 pm

thanks so much for the help Bantam! If I'm ordering new parts for this reel, Antares DC7, can I order using the part numbers from the Calais 200DC page on Shimano's website reel model CL-200DC? I talked my buddy into putting new gears into it. One way roller clutch shows 4586 and inner tube shows 3630? I would also order a main gear and pinion from this schematic

https://fishshop.shimano.com/vip/produc ... 9372101381

I really appreciate the help.

Riley.

P.S. my buddy says this is the longest casting reel he has ever used.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:27 am

Yes you can order parts for Calais DC to use in the Antares DC as long as its the same year model. Japan made changes to the Antares a couple of times since we offered the Calais DC. Just make sure they are the same tooling (look and shape) and you should be fine.

lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lifeofRiley » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:04 pm

Bantam1 wrote:Yes we still have the parts you need available. You can use this link to our online parts order site which shows availability of parts:

https://fishshop.shimano.com/vip/landing.jsp

BNT2949 is the part number for the bearing. Have fun getting the old one out...

You don't have any tips do you? The race is stuck in the sideplate, I think I might need to get out the power drill and turn on the creativity....

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:14 am

I use a small flat head srewdriver that I have ground down to aid in removing the bearing. I go from the outside of the side plate and work carefully. Worst case scenario the side plate has to be replaced. You have to be very careful because the bearing pocket above the A/R. If you damage that, the bearing will not slide in and out correctly. This bearing must move because of the way the drag works.

lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lifeofRiley » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:36 pm

Hey Bantam,

I just called the customer service line at shimano to check the availability of a few parts. I asked the service rep what the part number is for a Calais 200DC and he told me BNT 5021. You initially told me 2949, which is right?

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:06 am

There are several cross reference parts for bearings. BNT2949 is a good part number and the actual number the reel calls for. Either bearing will work.