Chronarch MGL spool bearing

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
attila
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Chronarch MGL spool bearing

Post by attila » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:31 am

Hello Bantam kind of new to the forum
I have had the new Chronarch now for a few months, and wanted to clean the spool bearings
I have noticed that they are seal.
I have a pair of the ARB from a previous Chronarch B which are open much easier to clean
is the quality the quality the same ? I don't want to use ceramic cause the reel is reel quite
and I don't want to change that about it. Unless you could recommend good SS bearings that are
open like the ARB

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: Chronarch MGL spool bearing

Post by Bantam1 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:25 pm

The BNT2927 can be used for the the spool. If you are using this reel in freshwater, there really isn't a need to deep clean the bearings. Just add a drop of our oil to each bearing and it will perform well for many years.

attila
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by attila » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:22 pm

Bantam1 wrote:The BNT2927 can be used for the the spool. If you are using this reel in freshwater, there really isn't a need to deep clean the bearings. Just add a drop of our oil to each bearing and it will perform well for many years.

Thank you Bantam so the BNT2927 is the number for the ARB bearing ?

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:51 pm

Yes that is the number for the open style ARB bearing.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:38 pm

Will acetone hurt them??? Kinda worried right now, don't wanna bury my new reel in the backyard...

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:05 am

Acetone should not hurt the bearing. I would not soak it for hours, but you can soak it for a little while to clean the bearing if that's what you are in to.

brownhl
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by brownhl » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:43 am

Try CRC Electronic Cleaner. It comes in a spray can with the red tube insert. It is non corrosive, removes grease and oil in seconds, dries really fast and leaves no residue. You also do not have to worry about blowing yourself up. I put my bearings in a tiny food strainer wire basket, step outdoors an blast away for less than a minute. Great to have on hand for the boat. Walmart sells it.

attila
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by attila » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:28 am

brownhl wrote:Try CRC Electronic Cleaner. It comes in a spray can with the red tube insert. It is non corrosive, removes grease and oil in seconds, dries really fast and leaves no residue. You also do not have to worry about blowing yourself up. I put my bearings in a tiny food strainer wire basket, step outdoors an blast away for less than a minute. Great to have on hand for the boat. Walmart sells it.
I went to Walmart this morning I found CRC electronic cleaner that said either QD or DQ on the can is that the one
you are talking about?

brownhl
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by brownhl » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:09 am

Yes, it works wonders in cleaning bearings and evaporates quickly with no residue. Great to keep on the boat also.