Problems with my Curado K

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Problems with my Curado K

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:10 am

chillyredfishhunter wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
chillyredfishhunter wrote:Mine fell off into the water today. What's the process for getting this warrantied?
Send $179 plus shipping and select model.
It's the right hand 8.5:1. Pleasd send me the link to your PayPal account and I'll pay for it right now.
I'm sorry man, I was just kidding. I assume maybe you are outside of the US? They are only $179 max here, I was just making a joke because I know losing a reel sucks and there isn't much you can do aside of buying a new one.

chillyredfishhunter
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by chillyredfishhunter » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:32 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
chillyredfishhunter wrote:Mine fell off into the water today. What's the process for getting this warrantied?
It's the right hand 8.5:1. Pleasd send me the link to your PayPal account and I'll pay for it right now.
I'm sorry man, I was just kidding. I assume maybe you are outside of the US? They are only $179 max here, I was just making a joke because I know losing a reel sucks and there isn't much you can do aside of buying a new one.
Haha, I knew you were and I was just joking back. I didn't realize that my post looked like I dropped my whole reel in the water, but I just dropped my thumb bar cover in the water.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:40 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
Haha, I knew you were and I was just joking back. I didn't realize that my post looked like I dropped my whole reel in the water, but I just dropped my thumb bar cover in the water.
They've supposedly changed the adhesive as Bantam mentioned, Shimano does great warranty work, sure they would help you.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:18 am

The new version does not use any adhesive. We can take care of the button for you. I have a few replacement pads that can be glued on. I can send one to you, or you can send the reel in for repair.

Smug
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Smug » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:06 pm

Bantam1 wrote:The new version does not use any adhesive. We can take care of the button for you. I have a few replacement pads that can be glued on. I can send one to you, or you can send the reel in for repair.
Mine popped off and fell off into the water this weekend. How can I get a new one?

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:24 am

Give our customer service team a call. They will help you out. 877-577-0600

thehomebrew
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by thehomebrew » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:57 am

Bantam1 wrote:We found a few that did not have enough glue on them. A 100% inspection has been performed and it was a really small amount, maybe 10 pieces that we found. You can send the reel in for repair and we will replace the clutch button under warranty.
this has happened to me three times so far on three different Curado K's (three different gear ratios). I had one fixed last spring and now am sending two more today. This is a very inconvenient issue that keeps happening, and I have 6 of them.
Last edited by thehomebrew on Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:30 pm

Did you purchase them all at the same time or near the same time? We made a running change pretty quickly, then changed it again.

thehomebrew
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by thehomebrew » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:25 pm

I honestly don't remember and really no way to tell exactly which three have had the issue, but to answer your question i purchased four last October and two in March. The two needing repair have gone out FedEx today for Friday arrival at Shimano Reel Repair, I hope it's a fast turn around!

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:57 am

I'll check the date codes on the reels when they get here.

thehomebrew
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by thehomebrew » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:15 am

Thanks a lot Bantam!

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:23 pm

I had my fixed K thumb bar come loose again so I put on a DC Curado thumb bar, funny thing is that the thumb bar painted colour corresponds to the handle and drag star - looks neat...