SVS infinity braking system - Birthday wishlist

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

SVS infinity braking system - Birthday wishlist

Post by Dalleinf » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:14 am

I recently turned 39.
My wishlist was:
1: World peace (eternal)
2: Clean drinking water and food for all
3: A cure for cancer
4: An end to the antibiotic resistance crisis
5: That I may give an agreeable sum of money to a company that I love - Shimano - for an SVS infinity braking system (without having to buy an entire spool or reel)

Can you help me make at least one of my wishes come true by the time I turn 40?

Sincerely,
Michael

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: SVS infinity braking system - Birthday wishlist

Post by Bantam1 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:45 am

I turned 40 last year. It's just another year of life.

I can't grant world peace because people are inherently evil. This is why we have the Second Amendment in the US. Some people want unicorns and rainbows, others want chaos. Si vis pacem, para bellum

I have no control over the cleanliness of water. I think cleaning up water has to do with educating people more than anything else. I'm sure there is plenty of clean drinking water where you and I are located, as with most developed countries. When you wash, defecate and dispose of trash in the same water you drink from...well like I said. It's an education issue.

I wish they would create a cue for cancer too. Donate your hard earned money to cancer research to help do your part.

I have no idea what the antibiotic resistance crisis is. If people are resistant to taking them, then that is their own problem.

I'm not sure what you are asking for with the SVS. Please explain.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:57 am

Thank you very much for your reply :-)

I would like to buy SVS brake units in order to put them on Avail or KTF spools for easier spool exchange while on fishing trips.

For some time now, I have tried to acquire the SVS brake unit for the Aldebaran, 15 Conquest, and Met MGL. I am interested in the whole brake unit - not just the red/white/"colorless" brake blocks. I have been in contact with several shops and some distributors in the EU and Japan with no luck. Apparantly, or so I am told, Shimano does not sell the brake unit but only the small brake blocks. However, I can buy an entire spool, which is somewhat expensive.

As you may have noted, if you can help me it would mean a lot to me.

Again, thank you.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:59 am

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:57 pm

Typically with the aftermarket spools, you have to remove the brake block from your host reels spool. We will never sell just the brake block since we cannot verify the installation and performance if installed incorrectly.

A non SVS Infinity reel cannot be changed to one with this system. The brake pipe/hub is different for the SVS-I reels when compared to the VBS/SVS (JDM designation).

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:01 pm

Bantam1 wrote: We will never sell just the brake block since we cannot verify the installation and performance if installed incorrectly.
I can get my hands on many official Shimano spare parts. The installation and performance of all these parts cannot be verified by Shimano.
In that respect, the brake block (or unit as I call it) is no different.
But I get what you are saying - it is not going to happen.

Thank you for your time.
/Michael