New chronarch MGL made in japan?

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: New chronarch MGL made in japan?

Post by Bantam1 » Wed May 31, 2017 5:15 am

I suggest sending the reel in for repair. It should not be doing that.

accodn2ryan
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: New chronarch MGL made in japan?

Post by accodn2ryan » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:26 am

QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:
accodn2ryan wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:
QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:
accodn2ryan wrote:Do the Chronarch MGL's come with an extra set of of those plastic brake tabs? How about the Scorpion 70/71?
NO
No need for extras as they do not pop on or off like the old brake shoes.
Thanks, just picked up both of these reels, and can't wait to get em dialed in!
I think you may be surprised by the 70, its a performer. I have a 70hg then purchased the Chro MGL. The MGL is very good but the 70 hangs right with it. My MGL had an issue so returned it. Instead of exchanging the MGL for another MGL I went with a 70XG cause I felt there wasnt much of a difference all around casting distance. The most noticeable difference would be the "power" the Chro MGL has over the 70. Reeling in 3-4 pound fish the Chro MGL handled them with much more ease.
Finally got both reels spooled with line, and so far very impressed. I was just making practice casts in the backyard with a 1/4 oz shakey head, and it just shoots off the reel so fast and effortlessly. I haven't tried casting out lighter baits like 1/8 oz yet though, but I can't wait to get these out on the water.