More false advertising from shimano

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
sadler81
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

More false advertising from shimano

Post by sadler81 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:26 pm

https://youtu.be/G_qx0qvkhJM

Just saw this video with a shimano rep stating the new nasci has an aluminum body and worm gear oscillation. The fact is that the new nasci has neither worm gear oscillation or an aluminum frame/ body. Whats up with that?

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: More false advertising from shimano

Post by Bantam1 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:13 pm

It appears Roy made a mistake and nobody caught it. He is still new with our company and not one of our product people. He was briefed on the new products the morning of the ICAST show and did the video shoot with them pretty much as soon as the doors opened. Trying to learn about new products the day of is like drinking from a fire hose.

I will send this up the chain and see if we can get a reshoot on the video with this dealer.

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:56 am

How does one apply for his job? Lol... I've noticed a lot of mistakes on the icast videos as well.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:30 am

I see the Shimano incident being acceptable. I cant stand when professional fishermen get stuff wrong all the time. When they talk about rods, reels, and so forth and they say bogus stuff after supposedly using the product for months prior to the release, it kills me.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:31 am

You would think someone or someones would review material before it went live on the internet or in this case YouTube. Not trying to bash Shimano as I have dozens of their reels and rods but with all the YouTube viewers out there it and message boards, it wouldn't take much for someone to watch a "Shimano Product Video" and retain the info then post about it for others to see publicly thus circulating false info. :doh:

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:22 pm

Fishing4Fun wrote:You would think someone or someones would review material before it went live on the internet or in this case YouTube. Not trying to bash Shimano as I have dozens of their reels and rods but with all the YouTube viewers out there it and message boards, it wouldn't take much for someone to watch a "Shimano Product Video" and retain the info then post about it for others to see publicly thus circulating false info. :doh:
Shimano isnt the only company whos reps unintentionally say wrong things about their products.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:42 am

When you work a show like ICAST you will understand. There will be a line of media people all wanting to shoot videos at the same time. In order to accommodate them all, some people will fill in that normally do not shoot videos. Try reciting information with a camera in your face, flood lights, multiple takes saying hold the reel this way or that way...

Some of the people there do not work in our main office. They work on the road and are not immersed in the information like others. This is when they will get briefed on the new product prior to the start of the show. When there are several new products you will simply not remember everything you are told. You don't get a chance to make note cards and there is no teleprompter available.

Last but not least people make mistakes. It happens. I do realize that customers use videos and other sources for product information. Always check the manufacturers site for the correct info (even though we make mistakes on our site from time to time ;) )

the hooligan
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by the hooligan » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:47 am

Damn, rough crowd...

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:56 am

Bantam1 wrote:When you work a show like ICAST you will understand. There will be a line of media people all wanting to shoot videos at the same time. In order to accommodate them all, some people will fill in that normally do not shoot videos. Try reciting information with a camera in your face, flood lights, multiple takes saying hold the reel this way or that way...

Some of the people there do not work in our main office. They work on the road and are not immersed in the information like others. This is when they will get briefed on the new product prior to the start of the show. When there are several new products you will simply not remember everything you are told. You don't get a chance to make note cards and there is no teleprompter available.

Last but not least people make mistakes. It happens. I do realize that customers use videos and other sources for product information. Always check the manufacturers site for the correct info (even though we make mistakes on our site from time to time ;) )
I was referencing when pros are fishing from their boats doing a shoot and they get stuff either way wrong or not even close. In those situations, they should well prepared and have a good idea of what's going to happen during the shoot. The videos also get edited and manipulated enough before release that mistakes should have been caught. I know stuff happens but some of the mistakes are blantenly obvious.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:59 am

Shimano kept saying with the Stradic FK that it had a full aluminium body...

Lake Fork Guy keeps station get that the Stradic Ci4+ FB has a titanium bail wire and other stuff it doesn't.

Advertising through mediums like reps or sponsored fishers can be at best questionable, when it's printed on paper on mass that's when you jump up and onto it.

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sore Thumb » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:02 pm

If you want misinformation, check the Shimano Australia website. :)

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:12 pm

Sore Thumb wrote:If you want misinformation, check the Shimano Australia website. :)
Oh God yes... worst info ever...

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:53 pm

Really makes you appreciate Bantam 1!

NormanD
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by NormanD » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:06 am

mark poulson wrote:Really makes you appreciate Bantam 1!

Yes. Very glad he is back.

sadler81
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by sadler81 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:28 pm

Bantam1 wrote:

Can you find anywhere on shimano's site where it shows any info on the frame material of the nasci?

It's also very misleading when the nasci has hagene stamped right on the body of the reel, but I'm pretty sure that was shimano's intention.