New 2016 G.Loomis Rods

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

New 2016 G.Loomis Rods

Post by Bantam1 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:52 am

New G. Loomis Rods

GLX Bass

The new GLX bass rods feature a new lighter and stronger blank. These new blanks are 20% lighter than previous GLX models. They are also better balanced with a 25% improvement. The new cork handles have been redesigned to reduce weight and size with improved ergonomics.

The Fuji K frame guides with SIC inserts allowed for further reduction in overall weight of the rods. A new surface treatment to the guide frames reduces corrosion for long term durability in salt or brackish water.

The new woven carbon material on the butt section is tuned to adjust the balance of the rods. This results in reduced fatigue when fishing all day.

Special attention was given to the appearance of the new GLX rods. A new partial paint process leaves the rear section of the rod is painted. The section of the blank with the guides has no paint similar to the Classic models of GLX. The wraps are also reminiscent of the Classic models.

35 models (20 casting, 15 spinning)
Fuji K frame guides with SIC inserts
Custom cork grips (spilt and full)
Woven carbon insert
$415.00-465.00

Asquith Fly Rods

The Asquith series is the culmination of global cooperation in design, materials, and manufacturing techniques.
Built on Shimano’s proprietary Spiral X platform, the Asquith boasts superb power transfer from tip to hand, quick recovery, and increased sensitivity.

Designed by world casting champion Steve Rajeff, the Asquith is an exploratory step into the future of rod manufacturing technology.

With fast actions, and generous power levels, all rods in the series excel in fishing situations where developing high line speed and making precise casts means success.

We are always striving to push fly rod technology forward. By utilizing the global knowledge of both Shimano and G.Loomis we created the ultimate fly rods. The anglers demand better tools for the most demanding and technical fishing environments. The goal was to produce a lighter weight fly rod with improved casting distance and better accuracy.

Utilizing Shimano’s Spiral X technology and new Muscle Carbon, we have built a new rod blank that has less twist. The rods deliver the pinnacle of performance for the fly rod market. Utilizing classic bamboo or CI4+ materials to reduce weight, aluminum reel seats and premium cork handles all while giving eye catching aesthetics. The Asquith is the culmination of knowledge from the best engineers at both G.Loomis and Shimano.

PBP
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New 2016 G.Loomis Rods

Post by PBP » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:24 am

is there any info on the overall weight for casting models?
Also, what is this special guides coating to prevent rust G Loomis is referring to?
Thank you.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:29 pm

G.Loomis will never post finished rod weights. Since they are all handmade, the weights can vary slightly from one rod to another by a few grams. Thank lawyers for that decision.

The coating is something that Fuji developed. I'm sure it is proprietary.

tacklejunkie2
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tacklejunkie2 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:58 am

Bantam1 - Does G. Loomis have any plans for any additional NRX models that you can share with us?

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:27 pm

I haven't been told about new NRX model additions.

dhottle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dhottle » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:51 pm

Bantam1 wrote:G.Loomis will never post finished rod weights. Since they are all handmade, the weights can vary slightly from one rod to another by a few grams. Thank lawyers for that decision.

The coating is something that Fuji developed. I'm sure it is proprietary.
Yes they used to post weights years ago. I heard a lawsuit reversed that trend.

shimanogloomis man
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by shimanogloomis man » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:38 am

Can we get the list of spinning and casting rods that will be offered ?? Thx

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:08 am

Some models are not on website. Im sure it'll be updated as soon as the rods are available.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:56 am

Some models aren't completed yet. That is why they aren't listed.

Lucky1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Lucky1 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:14 pm

Bantam, I'm looking for a 3/8 possibly 1/2oz tube rod. I've had the GLX 852s, I hated the handle. It was too big for a day on the water fighting smallies. It was pretty good for 3/8oz but I'm not sure it would work for 1/2oz. I sold it and bought the NRX 852s. I love this rod but it feels a bit softer in the tip. Could you recommend a 7' or slightly longer rod that would work for my application? Thanks

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:10 pm

IMX 893S JWR is the rod you would like for heavier tubes in deeper water with current.

Lucky Craft Man
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Lucky Craft Man » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:04 am

Hey Bantam,

Are the Asquith made from a materiel that is more sensitive, lighter, faster recovery, etc. than the NRX? I'm just wondering why the Asquith runs over $1,000 and the already incredible NRX are under $800.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:24 pm

Its part of the build process. They are similar in construction to the Poison Adrena rods with the addition of Hi Power X. Yes the materials are expensive but it makes for a light rod. Lighter than NRX. Sensitivity will be about the same as NRX. The human hand can't sense the differences when you get to that level of sensitivity.

The Pond King
Angler
Angler

Post by The Pond King » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:34 am

Hi Bantam1,

I'm about to pull the trigger on buying either an NRX or the new GLX.

I have a question regarding the new GLX. I've read on Tacklewarehouse where the product descriptions says, "The new G. Loomis GLX Casting Rods now feature blanks that are up to 20-percent lighter than before and also offer improved balance that enhances the overall fishability of each rod."

So does that mean that the new GLX is even lighter and more sensitive than the current NRX?

Finally, what are the advantages with the new GLX over the NRX, if any?

Thanks,
TPK