New Shimano Reels

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

New Shimano Reels

Post by Bantam1 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:23 am

New Shimano Reels

Metanium MGL

The new Metanium MGL 150 has significant improvements over the previous Metanium models. The lightweight and versatile Metanium is packed with features. The new Magnumlite Spool reduces inertia while improving casting performance as much as 20%, especially with lighter lures. We added Silent Tune to reduce lateral spool vibration to further improve casting performance. SVS Infinity has been improved to make adjustments easier and to reduce maintenance.
We maintained the same features that made Metanium the top choice of our professional anglers. Micro Module Gearing, X-Ship, Magnesium frame, Magnesium A-Side plate, CI4 B Side plate, S-ARB bearings and multiple gear ratios.

MGL Spool

The new Magnumlite spool (MGL) uses our new construction process for consistent material dimensions to improve spool balance. The new porting reduces the overall weight to enhance casting performance through reduced start up inertia. The benefit is the ability to cast lighter lures and to make longer casts.

New SVS Infinity

The next generation of the SVS Infinity braking system. The new brake design allows a wider range of adjustability from the external dial. We were able to reduce noise and maintenance with this design. The result is an easier system with a larger adjustment range.

Silent Tune

The use of small springs on the spool bearings allows the bearings to float and reduce vibration. The virtual elimination of lateral movement makes for a smooth vibration free cast.

MGL Spool
Silent Tune
X-Ship
Micro Module Gears
Magnesium Frame and side plate
SVS Infinity
10+1 S-ARB bearings
$419.99

Caius

The Caius is a compact, versatile, and durable bait casting reel, designed with light weight lure casting in mind. Reducing the size of the new Caius from 200 to150, and upgrading the braking system, means the reels are much lighter and cast much easier. The Caius is the perfect entry level bait caster to target the beginner or economy fisherman.

HEG gearing
VBS braking system
Super Free
3+1 bearings
$79.99

Stradic CI4+ FB

Striking good looks, light weight with a solid feel, and an ultra smooth reeling experience combine to the win the hearts of anglers around the globe. Incorporating exciting concepts like HAGANE gear, G Free Body, CI4+, X-SHIP, Core Protect, and the totally new Magnumlite Rotor which allows a super light feel when you turn the handle, the new Stradic CI4+ is built to last.

MGL Rotor

The new Magnumlite Rotor uses an asymmetrical shape. This design allowed us to balance of the rotor without use of conventional lead weights like normal rotors. The added benefit is an increase in rigidity and a reduction in weight. This means the rotation feeling is lighter and much faster than previous rotor designs. The 25% weight reduction means a 22% reduction in startup inertia.

G Free Body

We have carried this feature over from the Stella and Stradic FK. The oscillation system has been moved to the upper portion of the frame. This moves the center of gravity closer to the rod and your hand for reduced fatigue. This also improves durability of the worm shaft due to a change in the rotation direction and force against the pawl.

Hagane Cold Forged Gear

The Hagane forging process is one that only Shimano uses. The gear starts life as an aluminum puck that is stamped into a die forging the gear teeth. There is no machining to the gear surface once this has taken place. This makes for a much stronger and smoother gear with higher durability than conventional zinc of machined gears.

Core Protect

Core Protect is a special surface treatment to reduce water intrusion without increasing the rotation feeling. It is applied to any areas where water can enter the reel. This treatment makes the water bead up much like your rain gear.

Titanium Bail Wire

The new Titanium bail wire not only reduces weight, it increases strength of the wire. When building a lightweight reel we spared no expense to further reduce the weight. The new bail design also opens much wider to eliminate any chance of line slap. This increases the casting performance greatly.

MGL Rotor
X-Ship
Core Protect
Hangane Cold Forged Gear
6+1 S-ARB bearings
Machined aluminum handle with direct thread
G Free Body
One Piece Titanium Bail Wire
ARC-Spool (Propulsion)
Aero Wrap II
CI4+ Body and Rotor
1000, 2500, 3000 and 4000 sizes
5.6-8.1 ounces
$229.99-239.99

Nasci

Nasci is latin for New Birth. The next generation of spinning reels.

NASCI is an exciting, new, powerful spinning reel with unparalleled gear durability at its price point. Incorporating upgraded drag, X-Ship and Hagane Gearing, and available in sizes from 1000 through 5000, it’s a great choice for everything from light freshwater to medium saltwater applications.

Hagane Cold Forged Gear
Core Protect
G Free Body
X-Ship
Cold Forged Handle
Thicker Bail Wire
1000, 2500, C3000, 4000, C5000
4+1 bearings
$99.99-109.99

Sienna FE

M Compact Body
Propulsion Line Management
Dyna Balance
Super Stopper
1000, 2500, 4000
$29.99

Asquith Fly Reels

New for 2017, we proudly introduce the Asquith family of fly reels. Small, tight, and super-light, the Asquith 3-4 is packed with creek-crushing features. Designed for anglers looking for compact design and slick modern esthetics. The Asquith 7-8 boasts machined, full-frame construction, robust drag system, and blacked-out cosmetics. Either way you go, Asquith reels look fast and are built to last.

Lightweight machined aluminum frame
Full Frame design for less line tangles
Sealed drag system
CI4+ Handle
2+1 S-ARB bearings
3.7-8.3 ounces
3-4 and 7-8 sizes
$279.99-379.99

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: New Shimano Reels

Post by Bantam1 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:25 am

I will finish posting all the new products later tonight. Please be patient. I'm working off my personal iPad and a hotel wifi...

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:18 pm

thanks Dan!!

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by jpd0144 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:55 pm

Thanks for your time Dan.

I'm sure after a show day you deserve to unplug for a min.

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:15 pm

Shocked you guys didnt bring the new Antares DC over :?:

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:08 am

For anyone that has been to ICAST understands the hectic days. Just going to dinner after the show can be a chore. Everything new is up now.

Zimbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Zimbass » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:38 pm

You sure are determined to break my piggy bank :lol: ;)

Jdmbiggie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jdmbiggie » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:57 pm

that new stradic and mgl looks killer =D>

MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MTBF » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:14 am

Shimano keeping their selves at the top. Awesome information thanks for posting.

johnnybassboat
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnnybassboat » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:03 am

Will the new svs infinity brake blocks fit onto the older svs infinity reels to quiet the casting noise a bit.

Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hulkster » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:06 am

johnnybassboat wrote:Will the new svs infinity brake blocks fit onto the older svs infinity reels to quiet the casting noise a bit.

I would like to know this as well, I have a curado 200i PG

Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hulkster » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:07 am

also, is the Nasci replacing the symmetre? I see Cabelas has them onsale etc.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:10 pm

johnnybassboat wrote:Will the new svs infinity brake blocks fit onto the older svs infinity reels to quiet the casting noise a bit.
:mrgreen:

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:33 pm

Hulkster wrote:

I would like to know this as well, I have a curado 200i PG
No they will not

-Boris-
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by -Boris- » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:37 pm

The new Metanium looks really good.

But I would like to get some informations about the spool-wheight and handle-lenght.