Well.....

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
bassninja
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Well.....

Post by bassninja » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:07 am

It's October. :-k :?:

romans
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Well.....

Post by romans » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:26 am

yeah,for almost a whole day already.we have been good and waited and kept the "are we there yets" down to minimum.we have been good and even ate our vegetables.uncle bantam,pleeeeease!

badbuffalo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by badbuffalo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:30 am

Lol

Lexy 123
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Lexy 123 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:17 pm

Red snapper fishing time for Texas until Oct 12.
Time to get me some sweet snapper.

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:05 am

Quote from member Schlag:

"Shimano is releasing the Metanium to the U.S.
I asked them today if it was going to have a different color scheme or named something else. It's going to be the same reel with the Mentanium name on it. They're currently showing the reel to their vendors. I just lucked out asking them to see the MBR NRX, while they were closing up for the night. It will go for approx $430 and it should be coming out soon.
Shimano is also offering a larger, long casting fresh/salt water casting reel. I forgot the name of it."

bassninja
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassninja » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:14 am

Very interesting indeed. Still awaiting Bantam1 to confirm.

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:17 am

spookybaits wrote:Quote from member Schlag:

I asked them today if it was going to have a different color scheme or named something else. It's going to be the same reel with the Mentanium name on it. They're currently showing the reel to their vendors. I just lucked out asking them to see the MBR NRX, while they were closing up for the night. It will go for approx $430 and it should be coming out soon.
Shimano is also offering a larger, long casting fresh/salt water casting reel. I forgot the name of it."
That doesn't really make sense as they just released the new Chronarch? Unless it was going to replace the core 100 line? Or ,maybe they are doing like Abu and selling a select few JDM models here? Looks like Bantam1 is MIA though.

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:46 pm

Bootytrain wrote:

That doesn't really make sense as they just released the new Chronarch? Unless it was going to replace the core 100 line? Or ,maybe they are doing like Abu and selling a select few JDM models here? Looks like Bantam1 is MIA though.
seeing that the new CH is below the Core price point and this is above, how does it not make sense?

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:35 pm

BucketHunter wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:

seeing that the new CH is below the Core price point and this is above, how does it not make sense?
Bantam1 said the core line wasn't going anywhere if I recall. So if they bring the metanium over I'm assuming it would be the new core? I'm assuming if they do that, most people would opt for the cheaper chronarch.. I guess we will have to wait and see :-)

Lexy 123
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Lexy 123 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:43 am

It will be something better than Core or even Calais :lol:

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:13 am

Bootytrain wrote:
BucketHunter wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:

Bantam1 said the core line wasn't going anywhere if I recall. So if they bring the metanium over I'm assuming it would be the new core? I'm assuming if they do that, most people would opt for the cheaper chronarch.. I guess we will have to wait and see :-)
No he said the Core wasn't going anywhere. The MET slots in at a higher pricepoint, so I still don't see how you think it doesn't fit it. It is priced 60 dollars above the Core. Citica-Curado-Chronarch-ChronarchCI4+-Core-Metanium. It all works in my mind.

bassninja
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassninja » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:28 am

That does not work for me. Because Metanium does not start with the letter "C". :mrgreen:

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:16 am

I wouldn't pay 430 for a JDM Mentanium unless they change something about it

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:36 am

BucketHunter wrote: No he said the Core wasn't going anywhere
They did discontinue the jdm metanium mg(the jdm version of the core) and replaced it with the 13 metanium.
Just sayin...

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:49 am

bassninja wrote:That does not work for me. Because Metanium does not start with the letter "C". :mrgreen:
Wouldn't it be awesome if the only thing holding up the announcement is finding another name that starts with C?
I bet they have considered the Calais name, but it is ill advised in light of the Curado bungle. They need something new. Let's have some suggestions.
Note that when BMW released the M version of the 1 series car, they were smart enough not to bastardize their own legacy and call it the M1, in line with the M3 and M5 series. Smart chaps those.
Calling another reel a Calais should be out of the question.