new curado?

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: new curado?

Post by Afrayedknot » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:29 am

He said "they" though. This must mean that there is going to be a reel similar to the metanium, and possibly a new line to replace the g series.

vinnieb729
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by vinnieb729 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:36 am

crankenstein1 wrote:He said "they" though. This must mean that there is going to be a reel similar to the metanium, and possibly a new line to replace the g series.
I think they'll leave the G series alone for now. They're too new to the scene. I'm not sure what they could do to a Curado that wouldn't push it into Chronarch price range. I could be wrong, my wife says I usually am...My bets on a Core 100mg and a Calais replacement.

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by jpd0144 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:34 am

mrpao wrote: I just hope its not black and red.
GREAT color combo ... It's just getting a little old.

GIVE US SOME WOW NOW ! :lol:

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:29 am

vinnieb729 wrote:
crankenstein1 wrote:He said "they" though. This must mean that there is going to be a reel similar to the metanium, and possibly a new line to replace the g series.
I think they'll leave the G series alone for now. They're too new to the scene. I'm not sure what they could do to a Curado that wouldn't push it into Chronarch price range. I could be wrong, my wife says I usually am...My bets on a Core 100mg and a Calais replacement.
Yeah i see what you're saying, but the g series is so unpopular that it makes me think shimano would stop making them and revamp the whole line of reels. I really hope there is a new calais (100a &200a, not the dc model) w/ SVS infinity and x ship. That would be sweet! I love the old calais!

Jighead61
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jighead61 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:39 am

A new METal reel? You've piqued my interest.

vsmpowered
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by vsmpowered » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:59 am

[-o<

aqua71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by aqua71 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:49 am

A metal Chronarch? ;)

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:37 am

Bantam1 already said they're not updating the Curado line. I don't think they're as unpopular as many internet forum readers may think. I have two and they are great reels.

That said, seems like a Metanium and maybe Antares for the US market? I'd like to see a 50 sized reel offered around the $150 price point with gear ratio options. But that's probably too much wishful thinking.

badbuffalo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by badbuffalo » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:36 am

Do we learn about these new products Oct. 1st or sometime October... :D

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:14 am

Why not a round reel? Could be TE GT replacement or maybe a level below the Calcutta.

Doh! Just saw Bantam1 noted LP...okay, new Calais. :lol:

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:56 pm

Now that the tatula is out, and is a very "hyped" about reel, will shimano have a new reel coming out any time soon to compete with it? 8-[ :)

What do you guys think it will be? new curado?

John Puckett
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John Puckett » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:23 am

Yes a new Curado is coming at the Classic Show. Price is going back up though so I know not everyone will be happy.

Fishwhittler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Fishwhittler » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:54 am

John Puckett wrote:Yes a new Curado is coming at the Classic Show. Price is going back up though so I know not everyone will be happy.
Kyool. Gonna be based on the E-frame again? Though, a while back I did hear rumblings in deep places of a "Curado Rev B". Hmm…

Everyone is never happy, but if the new reel is good I seriously doubt there'll be anything like the blowup that occurred when the Curado G came out.

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:36 am

Fishwhittler wrote:
John Puckett wrote:Yes a new Curado is coming at the Classic Show. Price is going back up though so I know not everyone will be happy.
Kyool. Gonna be based on the E-frame again? Though, a while back I did hear rumblings in deep places of a "Curado Rev B". Hmm…

Everyone is never happy, but if the new reel is good I seriously doubt there'll be anything like the blowup that occurred when the Curado G came out.
I doubt they would do make the b series again. They were bulky (IMO) and hurt my hand after use.
I just want to see a nicely made curado, with quality parts that comes in a 200 and 50 size.
8-)

Fishwhittler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Fishwhittler » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:31 am

Afrayedknot wrote:
Fishwhittler wrote:

I doubt they would do make the b series again. They were bulky (IMO) and hurt my hand after use.
I just want to see a nicely made curado, with quality parts that comes in a 200 and 50 size.
8-)
I also doubt they'd bring back the B-series frame, but they might reintroduce a simplified Curado E with features similar to the Curado B. They could take the E-series frame, stick 4+1 bearings in there, give it all three gear ratios as well as a deeper spool for the 5:1 model, and use carbon-fiber drag washers instead of dartanium (the Chronarch E already uses one carbon-fiber washer). Metal or graphite drag star, doesn't matter much.

Just so long as the reel platform is better than the Curado G. I'm not a fan of the G. Too many rough edges in the reel's construction.