Shimano Service.

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Shimano Service.

Post by Real Pudd legend » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:56 pm

A while back I had an issue with my reel in regards to not pushing the thumb bar down all the way on my Core 100. I drove about 35 min to Shimano in Irvine and took the reel to the front counter and was treated amazingly well =D> . I spoke with a repair person who was very nice and he answered all my questions about the problem I was having with the reel. Today the reel shows up at my front door and let me tell you it is absolutely phenomenal, super...super smooth. I am going to say it feels like liquid smooth. Just wanted to comment on how great my experience was and to say thank you for doing such a fine job, my hats off to you.

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Shimano Service.

Post by jpd0144 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:10 pm

That is exactly why I have a boat and house full of Shimano products ! I have been dealing with their CS for years and years and all I can say is overall they are second to none IMO... Nuf said ! 8-)

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:31 am

The tech that worked on your reel is very good. He is a great stick and he knows what a reel should feel like. I'll let him know how happy you are.

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Please do, he does fantastic work, I might have to have him work on my reels from now on, but im sure everyone there does flawless work. 2 thumbs up Bantam1 you have great guys working there!

Gulfcoastwader
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Gulfcoastwader » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:39 pm

I am a Daiwa/Shimano guy - I am on fence and use both - but where Shimano clearly and absolutely reigns supreme is their customer service and parts department.

I am embarrassed a little for Daiwa after calling Daiwa's customer service and parts department sometimes.

Shimano could make money hosting seminars on how rod and reel companies should treat their customers and how they should train their employees on reel know-how and parts know-how.

Will we ever see a Zillion1 from Daiwa on TT with his own board to answer our questions? Though I would like to see it I highly doubt it will ever happen which in and of itself is a testament to how serious Shimano is about taking care of their people.

(Full disclosure - not affiliated with either, and I have a closet full of Calcuttas of all varieties and Zillions of all varieties and I love and use them all....)

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:12 am

They have a support forum on the Florida Sportsman website. A couple of their repair techs handle the questions.

SC Bassin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SC Bassin » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:06 am

In the late 70's I purchased my 1st. Shimano Reels. They were 2001 Bantam Magnumlite GT Plus, bought 5 of them & 5 Custom X 2000 GT Spinning reels which all are in excellent condition. Today I have 67 Shimano reels with the high end being the DC Calais & Antares(casting) & Stella(spinning). I can say that Shimano makes an excellent product for in 35 years I have never had to use their service dept. I have purchased reel handles to replace the smaller Japanese handles on the reels I have purchased from there. The person in the parts dept. was very helpful in choosing the handle to fit. My reels get plenty of use from 1996 to 2001 I was on the water about 130 days a year & from then to present about 180 days a year. I am thinking that they treat you like a king because they are so happy to hear from you as it gives them something to do. :D

Pmedicbm
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Pmedicbm » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:09 am

SC Bassin wrote:In the late 70's I purchased my 1st. Shimano Reels. They were 2001 Bantam Magnumlite GT Plus, bought 5 of them & 5 Custom X 2000 GT Spinning reels which all are in excellent condition. Today I have 67 Shimano reels with the high end being the DC Calais & Antares(casting) & Stella(spinning). I can say that Shimano makes an excellent product for in 35 years I have never had to use their service dept. I have purchased reel handles to replace the smaller Japanese handles on the reels I have purchased from there. The person in the parts dept. was very helpful in choosing the handle to fit. My reels get plenty of use from 1996 to 2001 I was on the water about 130 days a year & from then to present about 180 days a year. I am thinking that they treat you like a king because they are so happy to hear from you as it gives them something to do. :D
Kind a like that poor Maytag fella, huh.?

Excuse me..... but would ya' mind looking at this Zillion I got that's aaaclickin?? :P :lol:
Pmedicbm

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:08 am

Trust me we all have plenty to do...

I would be happy if every person that emailed us to ask how to send a broken GLoomis rod in for warranty would click the tab titled WARRANTY right next to CONTACT US. They could answer their own question ;)

Sorry needed to vent a little :lol:

SC Bassin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SC Bassin » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:25 am

Smile Bantam1 :) It appears to me that Shimano must have bought G Loomis rods to give y''all something to do. :lol:

Pmedicbm
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Pmedicbm » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:51 am

Come to think of it... Bantam1 does kinda look like the Maytag man.... :-k
Pmedicbm

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:25 am

I hope I don't look like the maytag guy. I remember him being kinda old and crusty looking :lol: Trust me I had plenty to do before we took over customer service for GLoomis and bought Power Pro. Now I need a clone. Yes I am the size of two average people but I can only do the work of 1 1/2 ;)

Pmedicbm
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Pmedicbm » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:41 pm

I'm just ribbin ya B1.... After the beating you took over the reel changes, you deserved a good laugh.. As long as Shimano keeps building on the DC technology and keeps building the Conquest 50/100's you'll hear no complaints from here... Take care and thanks.... Brad
Pmedicbm

jimbojr
Angler
Angler

Post by jimbojr » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:24 am

I also have to say that they have always exceeded my expectations and that is so rare to find these days.