Stella FE actual weight??

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
MaxZmus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Stella FE actual weight??

Post by MaxZmus » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:10 am

I got a chance to handle the Stella 2500FE and the 2500Ci4 recently and they both felt very close in weight although the Ci4 is suppose to be 7oz vs. 8oz. for the StellaFE. I had no interest in the Stella FE because of the published weight, but now that I've actually held it first hand I feel that it's actually lighter than 8oz. Now I could be wrong but if I am correct then Shimano is loosing potential StellaFE sales to "weight weenies" like myself. Any way you can put these two reels on a digi-scale to verify?
There are no strangers in the Brotherhood of Fishermen.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: Stella FE actual weight??

Post by Bantam1 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:23 am

The published weights are correct for each model.

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Stella FE actual weight??

Post by slipperybob » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:13 am

The thing is the Stella is one really smooth machine. :big grin:

It could be a weight distribution while the reel is in operation. For example, if you have less weight on the rotor, the reel operation will feel lighter. When I compare Shimano reels to other manufacture reels, it's all about how it actually feels on the rod. There are many more compact and slightly lighter reels made by other manufacture. When I compare that to a larger body Shimano reel, the weight distrubution makes the Shimano reels sometimes feels lighter in operation. It's like the concept of a pound of feather vs a pound of bricks. Of course they both weigh the same, but the feather will always feel lighter just like the larger body of a Shimano reel.

Anyway I still go back to my wish that the Sustain would come in a Ci4 frame. :big grin:
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish