nrx spinning rod questions.

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
canalbrian1
Angler
Angler

nrx spinning rod questions.

Post by canalbrian1 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:13 pm

did shimano use cheaper quality products in their rod making, when it took over gloomis? were changes made? how tough are the nrx bass rods?

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: nrx spinning rod questions.

Post by Bantam1 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:04 am

Shimano has owned GLoomis since 1997. We did not make any changes to the materials or components used on their rods. The NRX is actually a stronger rod than the GLX because of the new graphite and nano resin.

canalbrian1
Angler
Angler

Post by canalbrian1 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:03 am

is the GLX bass rod very durable? i have heard some horror stories about them having weak tips. i have wanted one for six years,but never had the balls to buy one. i wanna throw spinners on it and use it as an all-purpose rod. SJR 783 spinning rod is what i am looking at buying. price is not the issue for me its just getting my value out of what i am buying. any input is valued. thanx again

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:00 am

We test all the rods on a special machine made just to break rods. It lifts the rod vertical to "candy cane" the rod. Trust me the rods are much stronger than most people believe. The rods can break from being damaged prior. In most cases the graphite will get dinged by contact with something leading to the rod failing. The tip section will always be the weakest point on any rod because there is less material. If you are good with your rods then you will not have any issues.

canalbrian1
Angler
Angler

Post by canalbrian1 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:07 pm

Thank u so much Bantam1 for your helpful answers to my questions. When I called the 1-800 number for shimano the sales or tech guys werent very good at answering my questions. I didnt know what to think after the fact of talking with them. U were alot of help and I appreciate it. Thanx again.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:50 am

I will pass that info along to the supervisor.