Any way to order just knobs?

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
iangler
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Any way to order just knobs?

Post by iangler » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:27 pm

I would like to know if I can order just the knobs for my Antares (Calais) reels. They are wearing out and getting kind of slick, but I don't want to order the whole handle assembly. Bantam1, is it possible to order just the septon knobs? If not, please allow us to buys just the knobs PLEASE!

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: Any way to order just knobs?

Post by Bantam1 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:02 am

As of right now we do not offer just the knobs. Its something we are working on with Japan. They make the parts and they dictate how they are sold. We can only make requests.

zenbassr
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zenbassr » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:34 am

iangler wrote:... is it possible to order just the septon knobs?
why not order from yumeya, unless they're out of stock? the site still shows active links for them, unlike some of the karin knobs i've been searching for #-o

i've checked out a few spinning reel schematics (JDM models) and they list part numbers for the knobs too. i'd try using the part # to order direct from SIC...[font=Arial][/font]

REEL LIFE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by REEL LIFE » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:30 pm

iangler wrote:I would like to know if I can order just the knobs for my Antares (Calais) reels. They are wearing out and getting kind of slick, but I don't want to order the whole handle assembly. Bantam1, is it possible to order just the septon knobs? If not, please allow us to buys just the knobs PLEASE!
Part number BNT2347 should be what your looking for. If you do order these and they work out ok could you take one of your old ones that are getting slick and rough it up with a piece of real fine wet sandpaper and see if it will kind of come back to life, I've never done this before but I'm curious if it will work. Hope this helps.

Scot
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Scot » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:08 pm

Something to try....when mine get really dirty and lose there tackiness...pull them off and give them a good scrubbing with an old (or wifes) toothbrush using warm water and Dawn dish detergent. That usually brings them back to life and the Septon material is about the nicest knob material I know of :)

iangler
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by iangler » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:27 pm

Thanks for the info REEL LIFE.
Is this the part number for the righty septon knobs?
Is there a part number for the lefty ones?
REEL LIFE wrote:
iangler wrote:I would like to know if I can order just the knobs for my Antares (Calais) reels. They are wearing out and getting kind of slick, but I don't want to order the whole handle assembly. Bantam1, is it possible to order just the septon knobs? If not, please allow us to buys just the knobs PLEASE!
Part number BNT2347 should be what your looking for. If you do order these and they work out ok could you take one of your old ones that are getting slick and rough it up with a piece of real fine wet sandpaper and see if it will kind of come back to life, I've never done this before but I'm curious if it will work. Hope this helps.

REEL LIFE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by REEL LIFE » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:14 pm

That is the part number for the righties. I don't know what the part number is for the lefties and I don't know if you'll be able to get the lefty part number from Shimano customer service. Try and give them the part number for the righties and see if that will help them locate a number for the lefties, it's worth a shot. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:22 pm

I didn't even know we had the knobs available...wow! I'll look into this further and see what I can dig up. That is the first I have seen this part number. Looks like I missed that email...

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:26 pm

There is no part number for the lefty paddles. It seems we didn't have enough demand to create a new part number and order the amount needed for the minimum order. The handle assembly is BNT2199 and that is the only way you can get the knobs. Sorry...

zenbassr
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zenbassr » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:59 pm

Bantam1 wrote:There is no part number for the lefty paddles...
like lefty handles and lefty spools, would there even be such a thing as a lefty-specific paddle/knob? of the septons/non-septons i've worked with, none were "screwed-in" nor keyed to spin in one direction only :thinking:

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:39 pm

Yes there is, the contour is different for the lefty. It is even marked with an "L"

iangler
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by iangler » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:30 pm

Ok, this may be a dumb question, but where do I call/email to order these parts? I've only bought reel parts in Japan up till now.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:02 am

877-577-0600

greatbarracuda
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by greatbarracuda » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:10 pm

Iangler, u lookin for lefty or righty knobs?

iangler
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by iangler » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:05 am

both
greatbarracuda wrote:Iangler, u lookin for lefty or righty knobs?